Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 3, 2006, 3:24 PM   #1

i just got my nikon 5T and noticed the writing on it is different from my 6T. could one be fake? i did buy off ebay.
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2006, 6:47 PM   #2

You're right the type font is different. I d swear I have already seen the 5T one in some book. I think it's really an original one, not a copy, especially if it came in the same golden cover as 6T. Than must be an old (early 1990s?) brand.

The 6T instead is just like mine and the more recent ones which Nikon has produced up to few months ago, when they decided to stop manufacture of 6T.
Who knows why .... I hope I can get my second 6T (to couple with the other 6T and a 5T) in september.

Francesco

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 4:11 AM   #3

as it was off ebay, it didnt come in its golden cover. it came in a plastic hard case. i have never heard of people going to the effort of writing nikon on the side of a lens so i think its real , but i just want a way to make sure.
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 5:20 AM   #4

I was wrong, I did not have that photo of a Nikon T with old logo on a book. I must have seen it on the web, somewhere. Will Update if I manage to find the link.

Nar
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote