Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 5, 2006, 3:45 AM   #1

I am in the market for a "Superzoom" camera. I have my eyes on the FZ20 since I saw some great reviews for it. What do you think of this camera? I saw there is a noise problem with this camera, that might keep me away from the FZ20 since I think a picture with noise won't turnout good. BUt I DO see some really nice shots with the FZ20 and that is the reason why I'm intersted to buy FZ20. Is there a way to fix the noise? (with diff settings?) I not not an expert at photo taking, so ease of use is definity a must. I mainly take pictures outside (Flowers, animal, etc) and sometimes inside shots. Do you think this camera is best for my needs? IF not, what do you recommened? My 2nd choice is the Canon S2. THanks for any replies
a1strank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2006, 8:29 AM   #2

IMHO...If your second choice is the S2 get the FZ20 the noise is similar and the fringing is much worse on the Canon ...Picture quality goes to the FZ20.

A proper exposure is the secret to holding down noise.

Here are some FZ20 photos that can be viewed at any size ....what do you think?

http://imageevent.com/grc6/toshareon...mp;w=2&p=0
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:08 AM   #3

The FZ20 is an excellent camera. On the few photos that the noise bothers me I use the noise removal in PSP X. Don't forget, that along with the noise comes very fine detail that I have not seen in another camers. I'm not as good a photographer as Genece is so check the detail closely in his photos. The FZ30 is said to bethe better camera of the two by a lot of FZ20 owners though. I personally, don't think it thakes better pictures but it does have more options. I'm just happy with the FZ20 and did not see the need for a upgrade.If I were buying my first FZ I think it would probably be the FZ30..

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 2:37 AM   #4

Thanks for the inputs..and genece nice pictures you got there

I Need more inputs from more FZ20 owners..I was trying to check out some retail stores see if they have any FZ20 avaiable so I can play around with it..too bad I couldn't find any retail store that carries FZ20. Anyone know a big retail store that carries FZ20?
Old Aug 6, 2006, 4:53 AM   #5

My advice is just get the FZ20 I bought one for my partner a few months ago. It is still a very good camera and don't worry about the noise, as genece said if you nail the exposure the noise wil not be a problem.

Cheers

HarjTT

:|
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:00 AM   #6

well I just ordered it from amazon..hopefully I'll be happen with this camera..I'm so excited