Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 8, 2006, 5:08 AM   #1

just got back from a 4-day jaunt along the Oregon coast, and thought i'd post some of the shots i got with my FZ20. i took the Canon, of course, but found that my FZ got a fair share of opportunities. that 30D is a wonderful camera, but my FZ20 will still be in my kit for every trip i take! :G

the obligatory shot of Cannon Beach, Oregon, taken from Ecola State Park. Every touristwho visits there has taken this shot, and some undoubtedly far better than mine, but it's just so damned pretty, i had to take one of my own! :lol:

sunset at Heceta Head, about 150 miles south of Cannon Beach...

this last one was an unplanned detour on the way home. heading up I-5 toward Seattle at about 7:00 in the evening, and remembered i'd wondered what sunset at Mt. St. Helens would look like, so i took a short side trip... well, not really short, it was 85 miles or so out of my way to getup to the mountain and back to the freeway, but i made it in time for sunset, and in my book, the view was worth the drive! :G

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:18 AM   #2

Wow, Rocky. Damm right. Those are some beautiful scenes.. It is good to see the FZ's are worth having in spite of SLR. While all, are beautiful, I especially like the sunset on Mt. Helens. Like I have said, you do have spectacular sunsets.

Jerry

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:45 AM   #3

What to say - just stuning shots !
Are they done with the FZ? They look so sharp (especialy the last one) as they are done with the D30.
The first one is just great. So much depth and color !

sunstorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 1:25 PM   #4

Much better than pretty. Looks like you had a good trip and no question you did get some wonderful photos.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 3:27 PM   #5

Beautiful photos. How did the Canon photos from this outing compare?
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 4:11 PM   #6

LadyhawkVA wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful photos. How did the Canon photos from this outing compare?
overall, they were as good or better, although the FZ still seems to do a better job with sunsets, andfor some of the scenic shots i got, it's hard to pick which one i like better, the 30D pic or the FZ shot. i certainly don't regret buying the 30D, but at the same time, for a lot of uses, the FZ seems to hold its own pretty well...
Old Aug 8, 2006, 4:18 PM   #7

Hard to get much better than that....even my wife commented on the MT St Helen one...its wonderful.....
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 8:24 PM   #8

Rocky , these are all lovely......I wish I even felt liketaking one photo, but between the nausea, weakness, and GVHD I'm not up to it. I'm on a long hard road right now.When i feel like getting to the computer,Your pictures do bring me alot of joy through this disease. Thanks for sharing. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 8:53 PM   #9

Beautiful shots Squirl! I've seen the last two shots before, but I think (if I remember correctly) the colours from thelatest are better.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:05 PM   #10

Macnite wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful shots Squirl! I've seen the last two shots before, but I think (if I remember correctly) the colours from thelatest are better.

Emmanuel
i'veneverposted the last two before, i just took them this last weekend... though certainly someone else could have taken similar shots - neither Heceta Head nor Mt. St. Helens at sunset are hard photos to get.