Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 11, 2006, 6:59 AM   #1

If i choose to upgrade to say a 350D, what, if anything of the following can I keep to use with the new camera:

Nikon 6T

Oly TCON1.7

Cokin System (A system) (With ND Grad filter)

UV Filter (55mm)

Circular Polariser (55mm)

If none of the above, how much should I be offering the whole lot for (the above and the following) (in £s) (All boxed and less than a year old)

FZ30

3 x Batteries (1 original 2 cheapos)

Remote Shutter

Cheap telescopic tripod

Just doing the maths at the moment, dosnt mean I am going to change!:-)
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:53 AM   #2

you could defo keep the below, maby you would require some adapter rings, but they would still be useable on your new camera

Nikon 6T

Oly TCON1.7

Cokin System (A system) (With ND Grad filter)

UV Filter (55mm)

Circular Polariser (55mm)

with regards to how much to ask for your camera, thats entirely up to you. keep in mind its 2nd hand, and the reason someone would buy a 2nd hand camera is to save a lot of money, so keep it a good bit below the cost of a new Fz30, even with the accessories. if the price comes up near the regular price of a new Fz30, people would be better off to buy new, as they have comeback if the product goes belly up
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:30 AM   #3

Depending on your past usage and budget constraints, I'd suggest possible consideration of keeping the FZ30 system as a compliment to a possible upgrade to a dSLR.

I've found that the FZ30 capabilities,with its Leica extended reach, is hard to duplicate with dSLR kittie glass. 'Tis unlikely you'll getcomparable IQ in a dSLRwithout major expenditures for quality dSLR lenses >200mm...

If you find that your past images are mostly taken at <200mm zoom, then selling the FZ30 probably makes good sense. On the other hand, if you're like me with the majority of images taken at >200mm, keeping it would be in order...

Try this free software to evaluate your past focal length usage:

http://www.cpr.demon.nl/prog_plotf.html
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 5:21 PM   #4

Many thanks,

Excellent advice. I downloaded the little focal length analyser, and yes you are right the vast majority of my pictures are >300, its a very good little utility, I suppose it also shows that I am not using all of my cameras abilities just yet so I may postpone my purchase and I think if I do go for a dslr then I may well keep the FZ30 as you say a decent 300-400mm lense is going to break the bank.

Once again thankyou.
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote