Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:54 AM   #1

Nevermind - just copied them from my smugmug account, instead.
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:00 PM   #2

Cool. !

Did you try to hyper link the pics into a post yet ? It took me bout a year to work out that little feature :?. :roll:

Cheers

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 6:11 PM   #3

You can also download Microsoft Power Toys image resizer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Go to the right hand side of the screen and scroll down to image resizer. Download it and will be available to resize your photos. I use it all the time. I save my photos in the My Pictures file. Select one, right click on the photo, and you will now see a resize photo option. I use the the 800 by 600 medium option for loading here when I just want to do a few photos.

Jerry.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:17 PM   #4

Hi, I make a copy of my picture and then save it. Then open the file and in the adobe drop down file, click save for web, make the size 600 x 800(or vice versa) click apply and then click okay. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:43 PM   #5

Thanks so much, guys! I always just use the software that came with my FZ20 and resizethe picsdown to a smaller pixel size (600x400 or something like that), and it seems like I loose so much of the quality that it hardly seems like posting them afterwards. I'm so bad with computers - I have no idea how to do the whole hyperlink thing, but I wish I did. Hopefully I'll get this all figured out someday. Thanks again - you guys are great!:G
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:09 AM   #6

Have you tried sharpening the photo again after resizing it? That's a tip that someone in one of these forums passed on to me when I first started posting here.

I use Irfanview (a nifty little freeware package) to resize my photos, then sharpen them and save the file under a new name. Before going to Irfanview, however, I do my real editing in Microsoft Digital Image Pro 10. I like the way Digital Image Pro enlarges photos, but prefer Irfanview for reducing them.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:18 PM   #7

If you use XP get the powertoys... while there are better ways "windows image resizer" does a very nice job until you settle on something else.

When you resize with an editor you need to have an understanding of what is happening...you can do all kinds of bad things to a photo....I do not use the Panasonic software so I can not help there....if it has a save for web feature it may be OK but that usually strips the exif which you may or maynot want to do.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:51 PM   #8

Thanks for the advice. I'll definately have to try sharpening after resizing idea - hopefully that will help out.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Take care!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Melissa
Old Aug 18, 2006, 3:34 AM   #9

Coon Rapids rules, Blaine drools. :blah: Post some nice pictures from the northern 'burbs! I miss the wildlife and the ever-changing seasons and the blinky lights of the Minneapolis skyline and Shoreview's radio towers.

bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:28 PM   #10

Bkrownd - I agree - blaine drools! I just moved out here a year and a half ago from Roseville, and I thought this was total boonies, but now I'm starting to like it a little more. Better than Coon Rapids, anyways. :G