Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:31 PM   #11

Very nice series of pictures. Keep sharing. That's what makes thisforum appealing. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:55 PM   #12

Bayourebel, Macnite, LadyHawk, and Donna - thanks for the nice comments! I had a blast taking pictures in Canada. It was sonice to go somewhere with a change of scenery. There hasn't been much going on in my area (by that, I mean, my back yard),but I'm planting a wildflower garden tomorrow so hopefully that will attract some critters to spark my interestagain.

Take care!

Melissa
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 2:45 AM   #13

Sure worth posting, Melissa, very nice series!! Even the 'moving images' with flying birds look very sharp and they're well composed!

I can see you're on about the same latitude as (here) in Scandinavia. The nature looks similar and though we don't have pelicans, I recognize those cormorants from here as well.

/Per
PeHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:33 PM   #14

PeHa - I was actually in Sweden and Norway a couple of years ago, and I was supprised to see how similar some things were - although much more beautiful there! I think I saw my first magpie in Sweden (if I remember correctly). I can't wait to go back! I have some pictures up on my website (under Iceland/Norway). I was just getting into photography at the time, but I think the scenery there is what made me want to learn how to take better pictures.

Melissa (www.mkklein.smugmug.com)

Old Aug 19, 2006, 5:56 PM   #15

HI Melissa

My favorites are no 4 and no.7 theyre really well taken esp the composition. Have you printed any out yet to see how they look up on a wall ??

Regards Canada/North america and teh Scandanvian countries - parts of the Pacific North West look exactly like Norway/Sweden esp PDX airport and the surrounding landscapes - looks exactly as if you were landing at Oslo's main airport.

Cheers

HarjTT

:-)
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 8:50 PM   #16

Very nice series. I choose #6 & #7

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 2:20 PM   #17

Hey .. roger i just noticed the last pelican in No. 6 - left out on a limb if you ask me. I like no. 6 as well !

:|

Cheers

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:01 PM   #18

Thanks, Roger and Harj! No, I haven't printed any out yet - I have never considered any of my photos to be good enough to hang up anywhere, but they'll do just fine for my photo album. :G

Melissa