Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:44 PM   #11

Nice pictures and last one is my favourite!
Bali
callmebali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:15 PM   #12

Jerry, RedStickMan, Donna, Emmanuel, tchuanye, Raghu and Bali, thank you very much for your comments!!

All shots are handheld so without an image stabilized camera like the FZ30 it would have been hard to get the sharpness. Also, compared to a DSLR, the FZx0 cameras withtheir smaller sensors make it easier to get adeeper (or less shallow) focus depth. I guessDOF in macros with a DSLR might often betooshallow. Anyway, the conclusion is that a Panasonic FZx0 camera with a proper close-up lens makes a very good macro photo equipment!
PeHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:37 PM   #13

Hi PeHa,

These pictures are just stunning! Thank you so much for sharing these with us. It makes me so glad I have an FZ30. Maybe some day I will be able to take a picture similar to your beautiful and truely special dragonfly here. I love the majesticness of your first one and the amazing closeness of the last one. But I also love the different poses of the rest. All are wonderful.

Teree
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 4:41 PM   #14

Thanks for your kind comments Teree!And yes, you certainly have a great camera!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:45 PM   #15

All great shots - it almost looks like he's smiling for the camera! I hope I can get some macros to turn out this good someday. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 2:49 AM   #16

Thanks Melissa! Yes, he (she?) is absolutely smiling! A good close-up lens to your Lumix will do the trick getting nice macros.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 9:13 AM   #17

Wonderful images, that last one is crystal clear and perfect.

How much did the Soligor close up lens cost? and do you need 3 dptrs to make it work (not sure what they are mind you). I have a simple raynox 150 and the DOF is maybe too limited on that, your pics with that lens seem more open and far closer.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 3:11 PM   #18

Thank you romerojpg! :-)
The Soligor close-up lens is the one FZ30 add-on lens that I'm most happy with, perfect for hand held close-ups and it really gives sharp and crystal clear images. It requires a step ring 55-62mm to be mounted on an FZ30 but that's all (the 3 diopters just tells the optical power of it). Your Raynox 150 is a macro lens with more power than that measured in diopters but I don't know exactly how much.

I paid about 45£ excl VAT for it in Sweden.Soligor doesn't seem to be avaliable in North America but Europe and UK should be fine. Here's a link to UK importers where Soligor is listed: http://www.ukcamera.com/manufact/photoman.htm
Old Aug 19, 2006, 3:40 PM   #19

I forgot, the product name is Soligor Achromatic Close-up lens PRO, here's the product link https://secure.soligor.com/index.php...ts=298&L=1