Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 17, 2006, 5:06 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Steam Train - Trestle - Low Light - Series

I was asked to get two new postcard photos of the C&TSRR with fall colors. Time to start my homework, so I am going out scouting different locations so when fall gets here I will be ready.

I did a series down at the river where the train crosses a trestle. fuzzy fan suggested that I try a little different location so as to not have the tree shadow on the cab and tender. Here is a link to that thread.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=19582184

Tuesday

Now that I looked at the photos I will go back to the same place for another practice run when the sun is out. Very overcast today.














Wednesday and there is sun.





All I can say is my FZ30 likes sunny days better than it like overcast days.


TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2006, 5:43 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
genece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,111
Default

I think they are very nice roger....I would try to get a better exposure on the sky or practice on the sky replacing technique.

I really do not like blown or drab skies.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 6:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

genece thanks for the suggestion I will go to the originals and start learning how to replace the sky.

thanks again

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7


genece wrote:
Quote:
I think they are very nice roger....I would try to get a better exposure on the sky or practice on the sky replacing technique.

I really do not like blown or drab skies.
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
bayourebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,561
Default

Very nice series, Roger. As you say there is a "smoky effect" :G, but I dearly love riding these trains, which are mostly used as tourist attractions, now. There is one also in the Smoky Moutains, that was a joy to ride.

BTW, your woodpecker in the last post you did on the trains, I agree looks like Lewis's woodpecker in the molt. A lot like some of the Cardinals around here. They are begining to look more normal.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:27 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Hi Jerry, if you ever get out here make sure you do it durring the train season. It is a great ride.

Speaking about Woooody, I am trying to get a few more of him. We have a early moon so off I go.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7


bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Very nice series, Roger. As you say there is a "smoky effect" :G, but I dearly love riding these trains, which are mostly used as tourist attractions, now. There is one also in the Smoky Moutains, that was a joy to ride.

BTW, your woodpecker in the last post you did on the trains, I agree looks like Lewis's woodpecker in the molt. A lot like some of the Cardinals around here. They are begining to look more normal.

Jerry
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:58 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
genece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,111
Default

If you have pS this is a neat way to replace skys

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=5745239

And there are some neat Ideas in the Radiant vista workshop tutorials.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:57 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Rockingham Western Australia
Posts: 592
Default

The last two are excellent Roger - wildlife and trains, you have it made!

Thanks Genece for the link am printing it out right now and will play around with it a little later

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Thank you sir. I am printing the information and then I am going to see how to make it work in my Corel Photo Paint.

genece wrote:

Quote:
If you have pS this is a neat way to replace skys

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=5745239

And there are some neat Ideas in the Radiant vista workshop tutorials.
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:06 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Fred you are so right. Between the train and the wildlife there is no end to the photo opportunites. Thanks for looking and posting.


Bootneck3 wrote:
Quote:
The last two are excellent Roger - wildlife and trains, you have it made!

Thanks Genece for the link am printing it out right now and will play around with it a little later

Fred
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.