Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 19, 2006, 11:20 AM   #1

It's been awhile for me on this forum, but I wanted to give my personal endorsement to this ebay item I purchased some time ago for my FZ-10. I don't know when it was last mentioned here, so if it has been recently, my apologies. I purchased it on ebay after seeing it mentioned on this forum.

WOW !! It certainly allows me to get close up shots of my daughter's soccer games that I'd miss before! If you plan to do zooms of athletes on the go, you GOTTA get this. I could never follow the action well enough when in 12X zoom to get a decent shot and I hated backing off the zoom to give me more 'play', but using the cross-hairs of the scope to center the image (so as to capture in high zoom via the camera) makes all the difference in high zoom settings.

So kudos Mike and thanks to the original poster for mentioning to us !
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:15 PM   #2

It does do as you say ...some people just do not understand how that little delay in the EVF can mess you up on moving subjects.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:35 AM   #3

I agree with you 100%, Charlie. It's a fabuloustool that everyone who enjoys action photography should have.
drobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 11:38 AM   #4

Would this be recommended for a complete beginner and is it hard to use? Not heard of it before now?
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 11:48 AM   #5

annie57 wrote:
Quote:
Would this be recommended for a complete beginner and is it hard to use? Not heard of it before now?

Very simple for most anyone to use but it pretty much requires a tripod to get it setup......Once thats done it is very simple to use.

When I got mine he was including instructions as to how to mount , setup and use the sight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kwik-Aim-Red-Dot...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Aug 20, 2006, 4:01 PM   #6

Thanks for mentioning this! I've never heard of it, but (try) to do a lot of bird photography and I think I'll get one of these and see if it helps.

Melissa
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 4:44 PM   #7

The Pro version of KwikAim is much better.
You have control over the red dot's intensity and the crosshair is bigger.
Also, adjustments are made using knobs not a hex tool, so that is one less thing to carry with you. Not that you have to adjust the sight everytime you use it, but when you have to, it's easy.
Like everything else, it takes a little practice to use it.

jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 5:57 PM   #8

I do not find it necessary to adjust it when you remove and put it backon...just put it on the same way every time.

As per the instructions...I forget what he said but I put slight pressure to the right as I tighten it up.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:13 AM   #9

I just purchased this item on ebay and should get it in a few weeks. Don't think it was available anywhere in Canada?
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 8:34 AM   #10

i was at an airshow this weekend, and was having a devil of a time with the evf delay. even though i kept both eyes open trying to make sure i followed the plane, the camera most of the time, didn't.

i'm a little hazy on howto follow the planes with the scope, yet still manage to focus and achieve the correct exposure. right eye on the scope, left eye on the evf, or vice-versa?
tafugate is offline   Reply With Quote