Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:25 PM   #1

Just want to thank you all for making this possibly the best forum for any camera make out there. We're polite, helpfull, prompt and don't patronise when a question is posted by new commer or a veteran poster. Unlike the Oly forum on another review site where a simple question that I had as a neebie regards the LCD preview seemed to just get a seriously patronising and unhelpfull response.

Cheers

HarjTT

:G:O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:39 PM   #2

Hey for specific information on my camera I can say this place has been very helpfull indeed. Just the amount of information available is overwhelming. I havent posted too much I must say, but I have been looking for a long time thats for sure.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 2:38 PM   #3

HarjTT, I read that thread a few minutes ago, and know exactly what you mean!

I was a wee bit peeved yesterday when I posted some of my first Nikon D50 pics on the board you referred to - the kind comments were greatly appreciated to be sure, but then someone else posted a whole raft of their own pics and the subsequent postings totally hijacked my gleeful-D50-newbie thread.

Not good netiquette in either case. Kind of sad, but what can you do.

I wholeheartedly echo your comments about this particular board!

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
...Unlike the Oly forum on another review site where a simple question that I had as a neebie regards the LCD preview seemed to just get a seriously patronising and unhelpfull response.

Cheers

HarjTT

DougG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 4:21 PM   #4

HarjTT you and I agree. IMHO "The Best Of The Rest"

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Just want to thank you all for making this possibly the best forum for any camera make out there. We're polite, helpfull, prompt and don't patronise when a question is posted by new commer or a veteran poster. Unlike the Oly forum on another review site where a simple question that I had as a neebie regards the LCD preview seemed to just get a seriously patronising and unhelpfull response.

Cheers

HarjTT

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 6:42 PM   #5

...as a newcomer I can say there is a spirit of community on this forum that is very appealing. I hope I can give back to others on this forum what has been so generously shared with me. Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 7:42 PM   #6

As they say, all it takes is a rotten apple.
I'm a newbie and so far everyone has been kind
so, what comes around goes around.
I really hope it stays that way!

jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 7:47 PM   #7

I joined up from the day I picked up my FZ10 nearly 2 years ago and its not changed a bit. Some of the original dudes and duddette's have moved on but the vibe and ethics then haven't changed so I expect it not too.

Cheers

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 8:30 PM   #8

My daughter and her boyfriend, who just got into digitalphotography, gave me a few photo links to look ata few days ago and while they were interesting they still lacked something I was after. I told her, respectfully of course, that her boyfriend'slinks just didn't have what I was looking for. TakeDpreview for example. While that site has pertinent information, I don't find it user friendly at all.Now this may be because my computer skills are lacking in terms of how to find certain thingsbut I find myself visiting there less often than I did since joining here in March. Stevesforums works for me. I've found a home.

Now I need some help real quick. I was looking at some close-ups of some leaves last night and I thought it was in the 'Critique' section but I'll be darned if I can find it. The only name I can recall at the moment wassomething like JUISCIC(sp?) who posted the pictures.

Why amI lost. :-)
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 8:47 PM   #9

Andrew,

Are you sure it wasn't right here in the Panasonic forum? Maybe this one...

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

Timewarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:18 PM   #10

I, too, agree with the members on this site. They have been friendly and supportive and when I once had a mean comment, others rallied to support me. As a pure beginner, it is a great place to be!!!:|
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote