Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:25 PM   #1

Well Hello everyone,

Never posted pics before so here are some of my macro pics taken with my Panasonic FZ30 and my new Raynox 150 Macro add on, had it about a week and getting used to it quite well now so heres a few I liked. Hard to use it I must say, but its worth the effort gladly and just have to stop myself buying bigger and more powerful add ons :lol:

I was convinced to get one or the Raynox 250 from pics on this forum, so you are to blame! :O

If the pictures are too big just say and I will have to resize them again.

romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:32 PM   #2

What a cracking set of first time pics to post :? . My favorites, 1(great shallow DOF on that pic), 2,3,6 are just spot on good DOF, nice and tack sharp and 7 what i can say drops of H2O.

Cheers

HarjTT

:|
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:40 PM   #3

i surely agree with HarjTT on this one...great photos for a first attempt and it looks like your a natural to me!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 1:40 PM   #4

Very nice, I especially like the fourth pic and the last 2.
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 3:46 PM   #5

Very nice ones!Especially for being your first trial with that lens! My favorites arethe first and the last.

Keep on posting and sharing!
PeHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 7:09 PM   #6

Ladybug #2 is a nice one.

bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 7:35 PM   #7

Romero, congratulations !!
I also got a Raynox 150, and still haven't got a decent shot !! These [email protected] bugs just don't want to cooperate.:lol:

jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 8:28 PM   #8

Thanks for that response. I havent posted any pics for some reason, maybe wasnt confident enuff I guess after seeing some pics on this forum.
I have had the Panasonic for about 5 months now and am adoring it. Only been getting into photography since last December and cannot stop now.

Shrinking Bug pictures down to nice sizes for the net seems to ruin Insect eyes sadly, thats one thing thats is a shame as no matter how well I shrink them they always loose the loverly looking eye details. Guess 100% crops are the only way.

I have taken about 1000 pics with the Raynox 150 so far, quite a lot in about a week, but a lot are the same shot over and over and over again till I think I have what I want in focus.
Sadly the weather has been apapuling the last week or so, rain, bad clouds and very windy. Glady lots of my pics turned out ok and I have been using the flash on most outside pictures. Cannot wait for really bright, sunny weather with NO wind so I can try lots without the flash, still even when it was ranining I got some nice effects as the rain looks great in macro even if my camera got wet.

Again thanks for the comments just hope to find a snap on for my camera that gets even closer, not sure about the raynox 250 still as I think I want a little more DOF to my pics.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 9:46 PM   #9

Don't be afraid of the DCR-250 it's really not that hard to use. I'm just getting started with the whole macro thing and I've been able to getsome really nice pictures with it.If you keepthe zoom in the 4X-8X range the DOF isn't that bad, and it's alot easier to get the shot you want. At full zoom the DCR-250 is more difficult to use but with practice it gets easier.Withthe highermagnification you cankeep more detail in the bugs eyes also.
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:15 PM   #10

I have a question...If you are just interesed in starting macro photography, are you better to start with a Raynox 150 or 250? they seem to be the same price on ebay!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote