Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:39 PM   #11

Emmanuel,

Thanks for the comments!

I'll have to dig out my old camera and charge the battery but I'll get some pictures of my setupposted by this weekend. I really like the new flash. It takes a little bit of tweaking the adjustments on the flash and experimenting with shutter speeds to get the look you want. Once you get it dialed in it's works great though.
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:42 PM   #12

Beth Ellen and bayourebel,

Thanks for the comments!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:50 AM   #13

excellent shots. i am just getting into macro, having recently bought a panasonic close up lens, a Raynox DCR-250 and a nikon 4T and 5T. can you please explain your flash setup a bit more, with pics if possible. i need an extra flash, but my fz7 doesnt have a hot shoe, but you seem to manage with your fz7.
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:58 PM   #14

I finally had a chance to snap a couple of picture of my flash bracket. The picturesare poorbut sois my old camera.

The FZ7 with Raynox DCR-250, the +3 Diop lens from the Raynox DCR-5320, and a tiffen circular polarizer filter. The flash bracket is a Delta 1 Grip-it Flip Flash Bracket II. The Wein optical slave is mountedbetween the bracket and the flash.

Wein Hot She Digital Slave

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:59 PM   #15

That flash bracket looks awesome and is exactly what I need. I was looking at metal brackets but never even guessed that there'd be something flexible like that in existance. Where did you find it and can I ask how much it was?

Thanks
T
Twitch1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2006, 5:33 AM   #16

I ordered it from B&H Photo for about $70.They also have one with a shorter flexible arm for about $40.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 9:24 AM   #17

My god thats an impressive set up! I add my little Raynox 150 and thats it, all them would get in my way and make it very heavy indeed. I dont even use a tripod outsode.

How much does all that cost? as I want new bits for my camera, just not sureI want that much yet.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:19 AM   #18

The extras start to add up. Just the extra stuff in the picture is about $500, but it doesn't seem so bad when you buy things a couple of pieces at a time.