Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 22, 2006, 6:20 PM   #11

I will look but is the 07 as small or smaller and does it still do the wide angles and (weird to ask but wife factor) does it come in PINK ? LOL

Bill
ftlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 8:23 PM   #12

I think you and your wife will be real happy with the fx01. The lens is completely covered when the camera is off or in sleep mode. I happened to take a few shots of my daughter's house with the fx01 when they were considering buying it. (They have since purchased it and an fx01 as well.) Those shots can be seen here.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the video on the fx01. I find the audio quite acceptable. An 80 sec videoclip I took with the fx01 can be seen here. The original from-the-camera quality is much better. This was compressed about 90% for web viewing.

More fx01 samples at http://fmoore.zoto.com/galleries/firstfx01/ There are a few thumbnail pages to go through.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 8:30 PM   #13

Fred, I am glad you came in. I just sent him the link to your daughters wedding photos and reccommended he look up your posts on the FX01. I told him that I got it for my wife based on your photos.

I know that they would be happy with it, and didn't I see where you saw it for $238, which is about $30 less than what I paid.

BTW, bayoubelle really likes it, but says she is not ready for posting.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:49 PM   #14

I tried posting my wife the other day but the post office wouldn't have a bar of it!
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:50 PM   #15

very pun-ny fred. Wonder if I could get away with it. Then maybe I could have the FX01 back.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:19 PM   #16

Just showed the wife the pics of the camera the pics you guys have posted and the video from it, overall it sure seems like a good match for her and she liked the rouded edges more than the v507, considering i can get this NOW for her (today she was luggin around the a40 to like 4 houses), and the v507 wont even be out till late Sept, andin general I showed her so much about this one she said PULL THE TRIGGER

So I will hunt a bit try to find a good place with a good price - not some lowball place that calls to "confirm" the order and gives ya 20 mins of grief trying to UPSELL addons and warranties...

I bought a GPS thru buydig.com and everything was fast smooth fine, was looking at using them anyone with experience on thier camera sales? If you can't use vendor names in posts please PM me on your reply.

Then I will order one up, anywhere online you guys recommend or that I should stay AWAY from? (if you cant post the names here PM me if you can with the store name etc).

Thanks again so very much for all the help and answers here from everyone.

Bill

Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:03 AM   #17

ftlosm wrote:
Quote:
....I showed her so much about this one she said PULL THE TRIGGER

So I will hunt a bit try to find a good place with a good price - not some lowball place that calls to "confirm" the order and gives ya 20 mins of grief trying to UPSELL addons and warranties...

Bill

newegg has a good deal right now on the FX01, some of them come with free 512 card. I don't remember if the pink on does.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:23 AM   #18

I like newegg for sure but they were out of stock, just completed an order for it thru buydig and hope to have it in hand soon.

Thanks again for all the help and replies,

Bill