Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:41 PM   #1

What is the best battery for the FZ30?
gellis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:39 PM   #2

I recently ordered two batteries and battery charger plus car from here.

http://www.power101.com/item.htm?id=60191

And this was thecharger:

http://www.power101.com/item.htm?id=60185

Actually, the postage was the most expensive. These are 1200 mah batteries and so far, only a week now, no problems. The total foreverything was $26.43. This was much cheaper than one spare battery when I ordered the FZ30 from Beach Camera. One battery was $39.00 by itself. If you go to the main menu, you can also find the charger, with car adapter.

Jerry

http://www.power101.com

P.S. Meant to mention that I have no idea what is the "best" battery, but "mah" means the battery should hold the charge longer, at least that is what I have understood.

'mah' is a power rating, stands for milliamp hour, as I understand.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:35 AM   #3

That may be a fine battery but it will not last as long as the Panasonic batteries....people can claim any rating they want ,and after about 10 different 3 rd party batteries I am sure the oriiginal battery is the best ...however for the price I still buy 3rd party patteries.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:08 AM   #4

Gene, you are probably right. But as you say, the price was right. When I bought the FZ from Beach, I got a spare battery from them that was $40, and it is not a Panny battery. I just hope these two are lithium as they claim.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:32 PM   #5

Oh I am sure your batteries will be fine ...I did have one bad battery from someone on Ebay and had to eat it....but I started buying batteries from the Batterybarn...for cameras , cell phones ,Laptops, electric tools... There batteries are no better than anyone elses batteries and not as cheap as some,but their customer service is 1st rate.

I have received 2 bad batteries from them over the last few years and 1 email and they have a new battery in the mail....along with a postage paid envelope to send the old one back.

Can't beat that.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 5:43 PM   #6

$1.71 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god they cost a lot more than that over here! wish I could get them for that price, I would buy loads.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 5:58 PM   #7

I wonder why they don't ship outside the U.S. The shipping for my order was $21.90 of the total $26.43. That was two batteries and a battery charger for home and car. I can tell you that all wasmade inChina.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:31 PM   #8

romerojpg wrote:
Quote:
$1.71 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god they cost a lot more than that over here! wish I could get them for that price, I would buy loads.
Hi :-)

I've bought quite a few batteries from Ebay as well, so far all have been OK, one seller I use is,

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...erid=zoo2003yy

Or just do a search for CGA-S006

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...title=cga-s006

I carry a spare battery for the FZ1 (also fits the FZ30) andjust to be sure I also carry my trusty DPS 9000 with leads for both the Pana's and also my camcorder

phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:45 AM   #9

Some great prices compared to the £40 official price. May give one a try, just hope they dont blow up my camera :? as hey you never know.
romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:21 PM   #10

Boy that is a very valid point

I am all for saving money but somehow this "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true"

The thing with batteries not fitting properly or just going dead too soon have somthing to do with quality control and who know what problems bad quality can cause, look at the Dell --- Mac problems with the sony batteries.

Do you think one of the Ebayers will replace your camera if a short causes a fire or something.

I do not think so even if they are an honest retailer.

I have to draw a line somewhere....

romerojpg wrote:
Quote:
Some great prices compared to the £40 official price. May give one a try, just hope they dont blow up my camera :? as hey you never know.