Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 27, 2006, 4:16 AM   #1

Looking at the images from Steves test on the FZ 30, you would have to be impressed by the quality of the crispness and colour resolution, and the depth of the sharpness of these images is also quite impressive. A little behind the Sony R1 in my view but nice non the less. I quite like the idea that FZ 50 has TTL flash and am leaning toward it.

Unfortunately manufacturers seem to like longer rather than wider lenses, and while the FZ 30 and 50 have the wide converters to lean on, I question just how much the images degrades when they are used. I am really needing to get out to 22, 23 or 24mm, and so am greatly interested in how images from the .8x and the .7x appear.

Can anyone point me to some representative images from the Pana FX 30 or FX 50 Wide Converter? I know about the CK's Digital Camera Page WIDE CONVERTERS page and the info is usefull, but I would really like to see a full size outdoor shot too

thanks in advance
Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:25 AM   #2

Now these are not my photos but they should show what you are looking for .....I would be certain the results from the FZ50 would be very similar.....If they help you, Thank Lovelife as they are his photos.

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/804122
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:35 AM   #3

genece
indeed it is, many thanks for the link, the FZ 50 is probably more relevent despite the 'noise issue

and ofcourse thanks to th work of Lovelife..

Im quietly impressed

Riley
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:00 PM   #4

Riley, I was convinced by Lovelife and bought my Wide angle with C-ring from him.

Also look at the thread below.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ghlight=WCON07
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote