Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:24 AM   #1

Well may as well post a few more pictures. This is a bunch from around Durham at summer where I live.

I would say what they are, but you cannot copy and paste on this forum thats why I rarley post as I cannot be bothered to type everything out again so all you get for now is the pics and no words.

So if you need to know where etc.. ask I guess.

Some different sizes sadly as they were online to start with, and cannot link from sites where my images are stored at good sizes, as again copy and paste isnt possible and typing out long addres codes isnt for me.

romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:08 PM   #2

Excellent shots !! Great color.
I liked, very much, the shot with the dove in the foreground.
Some of these are postcard material. Well done !!
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:03 PM   #3

Wow.. I didn;t even know taht Durham looked so pretty. A few of the shots have got some really good dynamic range (DR) and good compositions as well.

Cheers

HarjTT

:idea:
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:25 PM   #4

Excellent. While #1 & 2, are my favorites, they are all very good. Would this be the same "Old Durham Town" that Roger Whitaker sings about, whom BTW is one of my favorite singers?

Jerry

P.S. Have used the $!.71 battery a week now, and find the charge last just as long as the Panny.
No real track record yet.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:06 PM   #5

Thanks for the words

Hey Durham is a nice place in the right weather, but its rarley great weather. This summer was a run of great sunny weather, perfect for photos and I exploited that as much as I could.

Durham, well it could be from the song. I know Bull Durham the film is linked to here, as we have big bloody Bulls all over the place I dont know why exactly, but hey they are all linked together for some reason I am sure. Cows, Bulls and Durham all part of the same thing. I should maybe google it one day.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 9:21 PM   #6

Now that you mention it, when I was young (too long ago to mention) seems like there was tobacco called Bull Durham, roll your own tobacco. Heck, that was back during WWII and shortly thereafter.

P.S. It was roll your own

Another P.S. Isn't it nice what you can find out on the internet.

Union and Confederate armies regularly traded tobacco for coffee and other goods throughout the Civil War, also without much preference for brand. The Bull Durham brand, though, grew out of an incident in Durham, North Carolina that occurred at the close of the war. Soldiers from both sides raided a farmer's tobacco crop as they waited for a surrender to be completed. After returning home, these same soldiers wrote back asking for more of this tobacco. The farmer, Mr. John Green, happily obliged; the tobacco was named Bull Durham in 1868 and later became the largest selling tobacco brand in the world.

I know TMI. Too Much Information.

Attached Images

Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:52 AM   #7

Good work, makes me wonder why we have cows then as they have been over here for many hundreds of years even etched itno the Cathederal itself. The Cow/Bull seems to be significant thats for sure. Good research, I guess the film Bull Durham is called that for some reason then.

Heres a picture of one of the many Cow/Bull things around Durham.

This one is massive and solid Bronze from the look and feel of it, no idea why its where it is and what reason its placed here for, but I got the Cathederal and Castle in the shot as well for effect.

Old Aug 28, 2006, 3:19 PM   #8

Another well composed photo. My, that is some Bull. I suspect that there is a lot more to this story, and that Durham N. C. was probably named after your Durham.

It is great to see photos of your country. Would have loved to gone there, but my wife would never concede to get off the ground. She aspires to the belief that if God had wanted her to fly, he would have put wings on her. I also can't get her on a boat. Just my lucK. :-)
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:00 PM   #9

Its also a VERY long flight :lol: one day I will go over to America as hey I love the stuff over there to take pictures of. I rarley even explore my own country mind you.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 2:05 AM   #10

Great pictures of a beautiful city. I've been to England three times over the years. Never been to Durham. I can see that I'm missing some beautiful sights.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote