Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:36 PM   #1

Hi all

I know this isn;t Panasonic related but I'd like to share with you all some of the pics from the Oly E1. As some of you already know I decided to get a DSLR to do a few things that my FZ10 wasn't able to do and 7 days ago purchased an Oly E1 + 14-45 kit lens. I'm still shooting with the FZ10 and I'll post those pics in another thread.

Its been interesting using the E1 - I do miss OIS, livepreview but am having to learn to live without. I think I've finally managed to get pics of the same quality and colour of the FZ - the FZ's lens is superb and the kit Zukio in my opinion is pretty soft but I've just worked out the sweet spot on it. Here's the link to the E1 pics - do take a look at let me know what you think.

http://harjtt.smugmug.com/gallery/1827318

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :|

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2006, 9:31 PM   #2

There are some very nice photos there HarjTT
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 9:45 PM   #3

Hi HarjTT, nice bunch of photos. # 15 the canon??? is my favorite.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 9:47 PM   #4

Very intriguing gallery. Did the slideshow. Also noted that you are, or were, a student in 2004. Have you completed your studies or still going?

In any case, best wishes.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:10 AM   #5

Great photos but keep the pana clicking....Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:30 AM   #6

site was down for maintenance when i had a look

its looking rather like I will commit to either the E330 and 11-22, or the FZ 50, so you are in an interesting place for me HarjTT, and I hang on your every word. You would think that the FZ 50 at half the money would be an easy choice, if it had a 2.5" LCD I think I would have jumped at it by now.

I hear you when you say you miss the OIS ; speaking for myself as a low speed, low light, wide open shooter I think it would work for me

I can identify with the softness from Oly lenses too, the C7070 is such a menu gadget its discouraging to wade through the menus all the time to get satisfactory manual control, and avoid the P'auto issues. Not so much an issue indoors, but outside on bright horizons and middle backgrounds its a pain.
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 2:35 PM   #7

Hi Gene, Jerry, Roger, Fred,Riley, Melissa

Just want to thank you all for looking at the gallery and the comments you have all made. I'm still plugging away with the FZ10 but the E1's getting a wee more attention.

Roger, I was shocked when I realised that they were cannon barrel's that were set into the pavements there.

Riley, the sites back up so you can take a look at the gallery and see what the E series is capable with a kit lens. Layout wise with the E1 nearly every major option has a button close to you finger so you hardly ever have to go into the menu's, although I'm not sure thats the case with the E330.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:58 PM   #8

HarjTT, since now you're a proud owner of an Oly
What your opinion of the Oly E-500. I just saw a great deal on a kit that includes two lenses.
I understand that those two lenses are not the greatest but looking at your pics, I would say that the kit lenses do well enough to begin with.

(I got an FZ30 right now, and happy with the outdoor shots, but I need a better camera for indoors)

What do you think ??
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 5:25 AM   #9

Compliments on your craft HarjTT
Faithful performance from the Oly, probably somewhat sharper than my C7070 but the usual colour rendering with sharp reds and a wide range of greens, running somewhat yellow in overexposed areas.

Olympus are capable of fine TTL performance indoors. This frame is from my C7070 with Raynox 730 at 18.9mm, 1/30th sec F2.8 and TTL FL-36 flash. A tad softer than I prefer but well up with the quality required.

Riley

EDIT to add: not that Im capable of fine TTL performance
Attached Images

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:07 AM   #10

Great images, HarjTT - something tells me you're enjoying your new Oly E1 as much as I'm enjoying my new Nikon D50...
DougG is offline   Reply With Quote