Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:38 AM   #1

Not been out for a while with the camera, figured I would have a first go at some shots of my home town in Black and White, wasnt the best day, but here you go:

Hope you enjoy, comments and criticism welcome please.
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:56 PM   #2

Nice pictures. I like B & W. I am a fan of the famous Leica photographers, Cartier-Bresson and Eisenstadt. The busker reminds me of some of their work, candid, street scenes.

If you have more street photos, please post.

I was in Winchester in '74 and if my memory serves me correct is that the statue of King Alfred? Or am I thinking of another city?
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 9:06 AM   #3

Many thanks for the comments, yes it is the King Alfred Statue at the end of the high street. Unfortunately there was only one busker in the town on that day, which is pretty unusual for Winchester!
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:58 AM   #4

wow seedubs...those are great shots....I love Black and White photography as it just brings out different feelings in images that are not there with colour. I am so new with photography that I have no idea on how to even approach the subject to bring the magic of B&W as you do...can I ask if you have any suggestions....I find B&W and macro photography amoung my favourite topics.....thanks for the posts!!!
annie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 6:14 PM   #5

Seed

What more can I add to what the rest of the crew have nto already stated - some very nice B&W's. My favorite are the bench and esp the doorway. No 1's just spolied by what looks like someone just getting in the way but No2 more than makes up for it.

Well done mate!

Cheers

HarjTT

:O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:52 PM   #6

Many thanks for the comments. This is my first attempt at B&W Annie, so not much advice from me, except of course always shoot in colour and convert afterwards. HarjTT has posted some excellent ones and am sure can offer some additional advice.

Cheers!
Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:36 PM   #7

Gosh, I love viewing snaps of your country. I think you did a swell job on these. It great to have those of you in the United Kingdom and the rest of the old country posting such great photos with so much history. We here in the U.S. are young comparatively speaking. By that we revere our old plantations, etc and think of them as history, while you have pubs older than anything we have.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote