Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:17 PM   #11

Attached Images

tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:19 PM   #12

#12 Last one... final score ASu 35, NAU 14
Attached Images

Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:28 PM   #13

Jim, if these are representive of the FZ50, then I just don't understand all the hype that was going on about it before it actually made its debut. Great work and great photos. Maybe I should have waited, but that was 8 months ago.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:39 PM   #14

Thanks Jerry! I wasn't sure what this camera would do, and since these were my very first shots, I'm still not ! The night game I thought would give it a good test but I really wasn't ready as I hadn't become familiar enough with the proper settings. But I think once I get used to the correct setups etc I'll have even better luck with it. I remember before I bought my FZ30 all the negative talk made me wait, but after getting it and taking over 20k pictures I was sorry I had waited. So thought the FZ50 was worth the try! So far not sorry! It's like using the FZ30 with more controls etc. Jim
Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:50 PM   #15

Thanks for the reply, Jim. I have often wondered, if the people, engineers, etc. (camera companies) didn't think they were improving on their technolgy, why they bother to produce a new product. I give them credit for having a lot more knowledge about their field of endeavour than I.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"So, while I would think that there would be some definite improvements over a prior product, it remains as with any other product as to whether the upgrade is worth the investment.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Just my thoughts. Keep Snapping
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 2:08 PM   #16

Jerry, In the few days I've had this camera I've found definite improvements, IMHO, over the FZ30 and I'm sure once I master the the use of these improvements my picture quality will get much better! Some of the game pictures were taken at ISO 400, and I believe a couple at 800, something the FZ30 would never do. I didn't take them at those ISO setting intentionaly but the setting I was using did it on it's own. Jim
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:10 PM   #17

Arizona State? Those bums? :blah:

They gave my LSU Tigers quite a scare last season. Of course, if we had gotten to play at home it wouldn't have been so close (stupid Katrina!). We get to demolish Arizona at home next week though.:-x

Nice football pics. How do you think the FZ-30 could have done under the same conditions? Obviously, it could't do the ISO 800+, but do you think you are getting results that aren't possible with the 30?
I have to say that under those lighting conditions, I'm pretty impressed!

So do they allow camera's in the stadium over there?

RedStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 4:57 PM   #18

RedStick, ASU let you win last year as they feld sorry for LSU because of Katrina! :-) I hope they let cameras in...! As this is only the third day I've had the camera I haven't made a lot of comparisons with the FZ30 other than I like all the new features of the 50 that I've found! I'm going to post some shots that I just took in the past hour. They have no PP or NR so you can get an idea of some daytime shots. Let me know what you think. Jim
Old Sep 3, 2006, 2:49 PM   #19

Jim, you are about to convince me to take the plunge.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 3:46 PM   #20

Hi Ted, Well I waited hoping someone else would do it but......couldn't wait any longer! I getting ready to put some more shots from today on. Should be on within the hour. Have a look let me know what you think. Jim