Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 3, 2006, 4:02 PM   #21

Nice timing on the action shots. They look like a little bit more shutter speed was needed to really freeze the action, which might not have been possible under those conditions with the FZ, but you definitely caught the moment.

It's too bad the forum strips out the EXIF tags.

John

JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 4:17 PM   #22

Thanks John, Had I been more familiar with the camera I might have been able to do better but as it was my first shots, (had recieved it 3 hrs earlier) I was doing a lot of guessing! :-) Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:21 AM   #23

It's great to see some actual camera shots.

To better judge the camera, can you post shots that have not been edited in any way and that have been taken at different ISO settings.

It also helps if there is no subject movement, so the cameras sharpness can be seen

Thanks for for posting

Mike
MikeAusA200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 3:23 PM   #24

Hi Mike, I posted some yesterday that hadn't been processed at all. I still haven't had time to get some with different ISO settings, but will. Also I just noticed today that the shots I took yesterday I had the wrong 'picture adjustment' settings so the next ones should be better. Jim
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:25 PM   #25

Hi Jim

I had a good look at the shots and they are pretty good indeed. Lots of detail and nice capture too, so the 50 looks as if its done a good job.

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:50 AM   #26

I also think they are very nice photos ...I would like to see a little larger versions of the action photos.....and If you get to try it again, I really think as far as stopping the action 1/250 sec. would be better and I wonder what that would do with the exposure.....I do not think it would hurt much, but I am interested if you have some like that.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:22 PM   #27

HarjTT, Thanks for taking a look. I'm still experimenting with different settings. The football shots were taken about 3 hours after getting the camera and the all the settings were as they were when it came out of the box! I took some shots yesterday and will be posting sometime today, some closeups etc. Jim
Old Sep 6, 2006, 1:37 PM   #28

Thanks Gene, As I mentioned to HarjTT the football shots were the first with the camera using all default settings and I wasn't as comfortable as I am/was with the FZ30. I've played with it a lot more now and am getting the hang of the difference in it and the 30 so hopefully the pictures will get better. Your probably right about the shutter speed however I'm sure I messed it up not being familiar with the modes. I'll see if I can get some good action shots and enlarge them more. So far I think the quality is as good as the FZ30 and maybe cleaner. There are also some nice new features that I like better than the 30. Jim
Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:36 PM   #29

Under that circumstance I think they are great......Keep us posted ,I just can not make up my mind about that camera....
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:42 PM   #30

Thanks Gene! Take a look at some of the newer ones I've posted.....may help you decide! :-) Jim