Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:12 PM   #11

Hi Jim !

Hey I see you got a new FZ! Thansk for posting the first batch of shots from the FZ50 and posting shots without PP or NR. They do look good. How do you think it compares IQ wise to the FZ30 ?

Cheers

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:21 PM   #12

Hi HarrjTT, So far, (3 days of evaluation), I think it's going to be better than the 30 ! I've still got a lot of experimenting with some of the settings but I'm starting to get a feel for it. It has some features I really like, and as it appears outwardly to be the same as the 30 so hope it won't take long to have it mastered! I'll keep posting my test shots. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:10 PM   #13

Got to be honest, not one of the shots does anything for me ( I dont mean the subject matter or indeed tigers technique); but to my eye, not one of the images had the pinpoint sharpness that I like. In all honesty shots to the same quality can be taken on any of the FZ line

DaveMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:32 PM   #14

Dave, I'm sure as I become more familiar with the camera that the quality of the images will improve. I've compared some of my better shots taken with the FZ30 with similar shots, (at this stage), from the 50 and unless the're enlarged it may be hard to tell the difference! The main thing is they are not worse than previous models and the camera has new features that I like. I quess if I was looking for 'perfect' pictures I would be using a more expensive DSLR! My main reason for posting the pictures is so anyone interested in the camera could see sample pictures and then make up their own minds. Thanks for your comments! Jim
Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:52 PM   #15

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
I've just taken these in the past hour and wanted to post them as they came from the camera with no PP or NR or cropping. All were hand held at 12x zoom. Some were shot in Sports mode and some in Shutter priority. Jim

Just thought I'd re-post the initial commentsso that it can be understood in context which is:

''Dave, I'm sure as I become more familiar with the camera that the quality of the images will improve. I've compared some of my better shots taken with the FZ30 with similar shots, (at this stage), from the 50 and unless the're enlarged it may be hard to tell the difference! The main thing is they are not worse than previous models and the camera has new features that I like. I quess if I was looking for 'perfect' pictures I would be using a more expensive DSLR! My main reason for posting the pictures is so anyone interested in the camera could see sample pictures and then make up their own minds. Thanks for your comments!'' Jim

Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:08 PM   #16

Thanks Andrew! Take a look at the two pictures I just posted showing a direct comparison of the FZ30 and the FZ50. :-) Jim
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:13 PM   #17

Nice. Would love to see some more shots, perhaps some landscape type , people and or critters for that matter . Thanks for posting some FZ-50's for all to see.
Kenn
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:20 PM   #18

Thanks Kenn! I'll post as many as I can of the ones you have suggested. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take more this weekend. :-) Jim
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:23 PM   #19

I'm not too familiar with this website Tiger98 so how do I view the two pictures you asked me to. I don't see a link anywhere. Clear up my ignorance for me.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:25 PM   #20

By the way, if possible, work on some high ISOs. I've heard there's a problem with this.