Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 3, 2006, 3:48 AM   #1

Hey Folks, Panasonic lovers!

I will be 100% pleased, when you can advice, & or inform me how well will work & be "Compatible"'...will be, in my lovely FZ-20 my my just ordered SanDisk SD Ultra ll "Plus" 512mb card.:?

Thanks in advance, for your cooperation!

Peace,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:00 AM   #2

It will be fine ....IMHO a waste of money but it will be fine.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:20 AM   #3

Hi Genece!

Why....? only will cost me $:28.00 for here in Israel it's cheap:blah:

Peace;

Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:01 AM   #4

hi, alex. gene's response was somewhat curt and uncharacteristically brutal, however, it was brutally honest. it's been awhile since i've priced memory cards, but it all really depends on how many pictures you intend to take. i started out with a 512 mb card, which proved to be way too small. i've taken 22,000 pics with my fz20 since xmas 2004, and i'm relatively a noob here. so now i have two 1 gb cards which seem to fit my needs nicely.

i guess if you do some self calculating, determine how much you intend to use your camera, maybe do a price per megabyte analysis, you can come up with a satisfactory sized card on your own. your results will vary.
tafugate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:29 AM   #5

Hello Tafugate,

Yes you wrote me the truth...as my mainly digitally camera today is my lovely DSLR KM Dynax 7D, & because today my very barely used Panasonic FX-20 is loaded with a 128mb Transcend 45x card...IF...& ONLY IF..someday I will use it more often...512mb will cover all my needs!.

For my lovely DSLR KM Dyanx 7D I have 3 CF cards, from several capacities...my last one was the SanDisk Extrema 3 1gb. Also here covers all what I need.

Thanks so much for your cute advice:idea:

Peace,

Old Sep 3, 2006, 1:12 PM   #6

Iguess I was out of line.....I am not a fan of that design and I do believe all Sandisks are over priced but I should keep that to myself....sorry.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 4:25 PM   #7

Dear Genece,

I can't recall what you mean when you wrote "You are not a Fan of that design"?.

Did you mean DSLR?:P

Among us I love SanDisk products, specially with my KM Dynax 7D...works better with such brand of CF card...It's 100% proved!

As when I was a kid...my passed away Dad always told me..."I'm NOT so rich; to buy cheap items"...also proved for me that is 100% truth...Sorry!

Peace,

Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:14 PM   #8

Isn't that "plus card" the card that folds and exposes a USB plug.....if not, no wonder my wife thinks I am loosing it.

I have owned two Sandisk cards and both went bad .....expensive does not mean good nor does inexspensive mean bad quality.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 1:58 AM   #9

My dear Genece,

YES...that is! So you owned one, & got lost? Last week, looking at "Cheap" stores that sell trough Internet "ONLY"...I order a CF Ultra ll 512mb SanDisk for my KM 7D...I "SURPRISE"...I get a FAKE one...WHY...looking for the cheap price...I sent it back, I will get full refund of my money & ordered from my 4 decades photo (Film era) store where I always acquired photo items, then NO Internet, way...another SanDisk Ultra ll 512mb CF card...that since 1933 photo store the "Oldest" here in Tel-Aviv city...never "Cheat" me ...& I will get for a mere $:5.00 more "THE ORIGINALLY" SanDisk card. So among us my dear Genece...I learn that looking from eBay sources...or others like them IS NOT always safe

Also...in USA...the Ultra & Extreme line...get "Lifetime Warranty"...so if something goes wrong...free ex-change...here in Israel the Ultra only 5 years & Extreme 10 years:angry:

I will try when will be receive the SD "PLUS" card how works, & inform you very heart fully

Peace,

My received card!
Attached Images