Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Jun 3, 2010, 3:37 PM   #1

Default Lens Samples: Panasonic 20mm f/1.7

I know there are samples from this superb little lens elsewhere in these fora, but I'm hoping my idea to start a gallery of Panasonic-specific samples will be well received - I'll start the ball rolling, but please add yours too! The more examples, the better

"Candid"

"Twitterific"

"Pegged Out"
with mono conversion in Photoshop

"Red"
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2010, 3:39 PM   #2

The 20mm is a fantastic lens, I really enjoy using it. And it is really sharp wide open. Thanks for shearing, the red is very crisp.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 2:58 AM   #3

This is very useful. I'm contemplating the purchase of my next camera and the G series look good to me. Would love to see examples of each and every one of the available lenses. Would help me to decide which way to go. Thanks.
oznasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:09 AM   #4

oznasia,

with the G series being micro 4/3 you can use all the olympus micro 4/3 lenses also. And with the G2 you can also use all the olympus 4/3 lenses with an adapter.

You may want to also check out the olympus micro four third forum for some samples too.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oznasia View Post
This is very useful. I'm contemplating the purchase of my next camera and the G series look good to me. Would love to see examples of each and every one of the available lenses. Would help me to decide which way to go. Thanks.
That's exactly why I thought starting these threads was a good idea... hopefully other contributors will add to the collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
oznasia,

with the G series being micro 4/3 you can use all the olympus micro 4/3 lenses also. And with the G2 you can also use all the olympus 4/3 lenses with an adapter.

You may want to also check out the olympus micro four third forum for some samples too.
Shoturtle is correct on both counts... with adaptors you can add pretty much any lens to your micro 4/3 body, whether it be Panasonic or Olympus (or both!), and you will see more samples over in the Oly forum..

The old lenses - and some of the new ones - obviously won't autofocus on all bodies, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Manual focusing adds a whole new level of involvement in your picture taking, and is pretty easy with the magnified focus-assist view available on both Panasonic and Olympus bodies.

Do what I did... get a 'kit' (I have a GH1), then add a fast old prime with adapter (which should set you back less than 50 all in), and see where that takes you......

If the G-series appeals to you (and why wouldn't it?!), the release of the G2 and G10 means that now is a great time to pick up a bargain G1 kit
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote