Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:20 AM   #1

Default Sigma on Panasonic GH1

Has anyone used any of the following 3 Sigma lenses on a Panasonic GH1 and if so, can you comment on their usability in the areas of metering and focus? From research on the Panasonic web site, I'm guessing that all three will meter but not autofocus assuming the correct adapter. Also, what adapter are you using?
Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 macro
Sigma 70-300 f/4-5.6 macro
Sigma 100-300 f/4

Thanks,
Bill
billferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2010, 3:52 PM   #2

I'm using Olympus Zuiko 70-300/4-5.6 macro - it's lens-for-lens the same like Sigma.
With Panasonic adapter it works like a Lumix lens - all functions. I think Sigma does not.

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 3:17 PM   #3

Default Olympus Alternative

Thanks for suggesting the Olympus alternative for the 70-300, that will probably be my choice. I'd still like to get the Sigma 70-200 too since it has a constant f/2.8 aperture. For a period of time it was made in the Four Thirds mount, perhaps I'll be able to get a used one when I'm ready to buy.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:09 PM   #4

There are some AF compatibility issues with the sigma lenses and the GH1, G1 and GF1. There is a link to the lenses on the panny website that list which lenses will work properly with the GH1.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...onnect/g1.html
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:31 PM   #5

According to the chart, AE is OK and focus is manual which is fine by me. I'm wondering whether anyone has used this lens and found that AE actually works as listed. Thanks for the link to the chart, this one is easier to read than the other one that I've seen.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
I'm using Olympus Zuiko 70-300/4-5.6 macro - ...
Nice shots!

I've been contemplating having the ZD 70-300mm with the Pana adapter on my G1 for quite some time. This lens is excellent (I used to have one when I had my Oly E510/520) and several times I had the opportunity to get it on eBay for less than $270. The thing is, I'd have to spend another $115 on the adapter, so I'm waiting to see how much the Pana 100-300mm for m4/3 will cost.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote