Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Sep 22, 2010, 7:55 AM   #1

Default Lensbaby for Micro Four Thirds

I stumbled across this last night, and I'm liking what I see

Not only is the new Tilt Transformer effectively a 40mm f/1.6 Lensbaby in native micro four thirds mount, it also has a neat trick up it's sleeve..... very clever

You can obviously read more over at Lensbaby, but I particularly liked this blog post.

I have to get me one of these
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2010, 12:09 PM   #2

Well, my Lensbaby Composer with Tilt Transformer for Micro Four Thirds (phew!) finally arrived today.... and boy, I think I'm going to have some fun with it

No doubt you know all what it looks like, but I had to share my quick iPhone snap... I'm definitely looking forward to "seeing in a new way" and will be sure to share some pics as soon as I can!

I must say, I find the whole lensbaby brand quite appealing, and the packaging is delightful too, my only criticism being the "mama?" printed on the booklet - I am "papa!" after all

Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:59 AM   #3

I didn't have much time to experiment with the Lensbaby last night, but took a few shots which I thought I'd share.

These were shot with the f/2.8 aperture disc inserted, and only a 60w sidelight for illumination I'm very happy with the initial results, illustrating that the sweet spot is indeed plenty sharp, and that the GH1 meters reliably even when the Lensbaby is pushed to its' bendy extremes. The Composer front also focuses closer than I was expecting which is nice.

All in all, I'm excited about shooting more with this lens, and maybe even trying a Nikon prime on the Tilt Transformer (instead of the Composer front) for a 'slice' of focus rather than a spot. Enjoy...

Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:59 AM   #4

Default Festive Lensbaby Fun!

With the Christmas decorations up, it seemed a shame not to have some fun with my Lensbaby! Here are a few of my favourites I hope they make you smile

I've created a dedicated Lensbaby Set on my flickr page, which includes more shots... don't forget to say hi and leave some comments if you drop by!!

Oh, I've asked Santa for a GH2 upgrade, but he's replied personally saying there is absolutely NO chance this year. Bah, humbug!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:53 AM   #5

I decided to write a post on my blog about my first impressions of the Tilt Transformer with Composer.

Do have a read if you're interested