Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:28 PM   #1

Default G1 + 14-45mm for $380 on Amazon

This is an excellent deal from Amazon warehouse. I've bought many cameras from it and with the exception of the EPL1, all others were in perfect working order and in new condition. Plus, the same great Amazon return policy applies. They also have a brand new black model going for $499 but the warehouse deal is a much better one. If you click on Read more link, it will tell you exactly what to expect about the camera's condition, so you can pick the one that sounds best. This is also a cheap way to get that 14-45mm lens. Buy the kit and sell the body if all you want is the lens.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:13 PM   #2

Just a note for oly 4/3 shooters. If you have sigma lenses, some are not fully compatible with the g1, gf1 and gh1. The CDAF does not play happy with these bodies. So if you were considering getting a m4/3 and mounting your 4/3 lenses at times. Check the panny website for compatibility if you want the AF to work.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...onnect/g1.html

All others, it is a very good deal if you are looking into getting a panny m4/3 camera.

Last edited by shoturtle; Oct 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:43 PM   #3

Oh well, my brand-new $499 G1 has arrived at my house already. That's okay... while I might have jumped on the warehouse deal if I saw it first, I still think I got a pretty good deal on the G1 with 14-45mm lens. And, if I'm honest with myself, I kind of like the idea that I got it first.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:25 AM   #4

Even though the Amazon warehouse is a reliable way to buy open box/returned photographic equipment, there is nothing like getting it brand new. It always bothers me a bit when I buy open box stuff as one never knows exactly why the item was returned in the first place. So, I think you did great!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote