Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:52 PM   #1

Default bunch of new images with GF1

Please bear with me while I post a bunch of images from my second day out with my new GF1. I'm trying different things and I would really appreciate your expert C&C.

We are having an unusual heat wave (close to 80 deg) here in So Cal, so I took the opportunity to go to a nearly botanical garden over my lunch break.

All taken with the Oly 70-300mm. All images cropped and re-sized for posting, minor touch up with PSE.

#5 (with Raynox 250 conversion lens)

#6 (deep in the woods, ISO 1600!! Couldn't do that with my FZ35)

That's all for today.....
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:38 PM   #2

Saly-

That is a great selection of added photos. I like the sharpness and the exposure looks spot-on.

My GF1 arrived late this afternoon. After charging the battery, here is the first photo. I traditionally take a photo of Bradley as the first photo with any camera. Today's from the GF1 was slightly over exposed I felt, but a bit of post processing took care of that little glitch. I used the Olympus 14-42mm from my EP1 on the GF1 and the built-in flash. The Oly-Panasonic combination worked perfectly, than Goodness.

Next I will have to see if the OLY VF2 EVF will also work on the GF1. That would be great if it does work.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:53 PM   #3

Thanks Sarah, and I think you will have fun with this camera!

So far, my biggest complaint is the LCD - it seems a bit more glary than the FZ in bright sun. I really had trouble seeing my subjects outdoors.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:41 AM   #4

nice pictures, even at higher ISO it performed very well.! Which one is your favourite bet'n the fz & GF1..? couldnt resist to ask..knowing that both have different capabilities..thanks for fabulous images..
jim007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:48 AM   #5
csa

Wow! Those are stunning photos! Beautiful color, sharpness!
csa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:31 AM   #6

Nice shots, what's a GF1?

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:48 AM   #7

wow, All Super images, Saly.
My Faves are 1, Super stunning, love the color and dof. 3 Sawtooths 5 soft dreamyness of the sides and 9 composition, dof and contrast. all brilliant. A joy too see.
Mark

Lumix Fx-01

d5000
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:51 PM   #8

Thank you everyone! There's no question that this camera can produce amazingly clear images. It's a bit bulky (especially with this 70-300mm lens which is a good 8 inches long). I also find the LCD to have too much glare and hard to see in the sun (this camera has no EVF), more so than the FZ35. Just have to get used to all the extra equipment (lens) to carry around. This day, I only had the 70-300mm and a clip on Raynox 250, which seemed to work great for most situations, just heavy....

eysha - GF1 is a Panasonic with an interchangeable lens. I bought the body really cheap ($299), but then I had to spend more for the lens. Bought this Olympus telephoto lens new for about $330, then found a used Pany 14-45mm for $200. The GF1 is reduced now because a new GF2 is coming out any day.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:11 PM   #9

E-

The GF1 is one of Panasonic's micro4/3 series cameras with interchangeable lenses. The GF1 equipped with the Panasonic 20mm F 1.7 lens is quite small. The GF1 is actually smaller than a Canon G11 or G-12 compact camera.

Sarah joyce
Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:56 PM   #10

While Saly is enjoying good weather in Southern California-

Along the Oregon Coast we are into our third day of pouring down rain. Heavy rain began about midnight and is forecast throughout the day, so all photos will be inside today.

I decided to see what the GF1 could do in existing light with the 20mm F 1.7 lens. The light came from a 60 watt bulb in a ceiling fixture in this case. The exposure was F 1.7 at 1/25 at ISO 400. The 20mm lens is pretty amazing, it even picked up the dust specks on the camera quite clearly.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Jan 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM.