Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:05 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
mtclimber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 18,143
Default

LTZ-

Using the LC55 on the GH2 gives you double usage, and more fun. Very creative. The shots look great.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:11 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
It's a 45-200 Panasonic lens and I just took the Panasonic LC55 Close Up lens that is designed for the FZ series cameras and attached it to the filter thread with a 62mm to 55mm Step Down Adapter...it works awesome....
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMW-.../dp/B000FTLN02

LTZ - just got this crazy idea, can you put one of the FZ teleconverters to the end of this, or a 300mm lens?
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:37 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
LTZ - just got this crazy idea, can you put one of the FZ teleconverters to the end of this, or a 300mm lens?
Already have Saly...the TCE17...it did Ok but the weight of it on the 300mm lens is too much and the ETC on the camera works just as well...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:47 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
saly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: near Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
Already have Saly...the TCE17...it did Ok but the weight of it on the 300mm lens is too much and the ETC on the camera works just as well...
Yeah, I just tried and had a real difficult time. My 300mm was struggling to turn to focus. I tried to manual focus but it was just too hard....
saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:05 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The IE
Posts: 65
Default

These are amazing shots, I saw your grasshopper shots and they were amazing as well.

I have the 14-140mm which is 62mm

I am wondering if the Heliopan 706228 62mm Close-Up Lens +2 would give similar results. It would save me an adapter to use / loose.

tia
flaxseedoil1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:14 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The IE
Posts: 65
Default

So glad you have been posting these, scratching the 45mm off my list, will save the money for a faster portrait lens, whenever Panny gets around to it.
flaxseedoil1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:09 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaxseedoil1000 View Post
These are amazing shots, I saw your grasshopper shots and they were amazing as well.

I have the 14-140mm which is 62mm

I am wondering if the Heliopan 706228 62mm Close-Up Lens +2 would give similar results. It would save me an adapter to use / loose.

tia
Yes the LC55 is actually a +2 also...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:03 AM.