Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:48 PM   #1

Default Few closeups with GF1

Again, not nearly as good as LTZ, but getting a little better.... Please C&C for improvement.

saly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:20 PM   #2

Actually beautiful Saly...you always expose well...they need to be slightly sharper for my eyes and the first I think could have used a little more DOF?, but then I tend to over sharpen, so what do I know...lol...also the highlights could be bumped down one or two clicks in the 2nd & 3rd one...4th could use one click bump down highlights...what do you have your in camera settings at?

They are all nice shots and all of us can always fine tune our shots one way or the other...I go back and look at shots I posted and wonder what I was thinking...lol...

The Bokeh is awesome!

Last edited by LTZ470; Mar 4, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 1:20 AM   #3

Thanks LTZ, all of them where shot at ISO 400 and f-stop 20 to try to widen the DOF. I still can't get them as sharp as I can with my FZ. The camera simply doesn't want to auto focus on my subject... These closeups with LC55 are driving me nuts!

As for camera settings, I realized I had everything still set to zero, so I will bump up the sharpness and down NR. When you say bump down on highlights, you mean in pp? I have PS Elements, and I think it has that feature.

Last edited by saly; Mar 5, 2011 at 1:23 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
Thanks LTZ, all of them where shot at ISO 400 and f-stop 20 to try to widen the DOF. I still can't get them as sharp as I can with my FZ. The camera simply doesn't want to auto focus on my subject... These closeups with LC55 are driving me nuts!

As for camera settings, I realized I had everything still set to zero, so I will bump up the sharpness and down NR. When you say bump down on highlights, you mean in pp? I have PS Elements, and I think it has that feature.
yes Saly bumping down the highlights slightly will tone a lot of the white hot spots down (blown out highlights) and add to your photo especially #2 while it won't affect any other parts of the photo...the DOF is great at f20 but you could have went to f22?...also the focusing is difficult to me at times

For ISO400 these are super! The Number One shot is a winner in any book...the subject, composition, DOF, Bokeh really makes this shot!

Look at my Grasshopper shots I took yesterday and then you can kick me for my lack of DOF....lol....

Last edited by LTZ470; Mar 5, 2011 at 8:08 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
For ISO400 these are super! The Number One shot is a winner in any book...the subject, composition, DOF, Bokeh really makes this shot!

Look at my Grasshopper shots I took yesterday and then you can kick me for my lack of DOF....lol....
What ISO do you typically use (if you don't mind sharing)? I tried 400 to try to increase the shutter speed.

Your grasshopper shots are incredible, just amazing. I must practice, must practice....
Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saly View Post
What ISO do you typically use (if you don't mind sharing)? I tried 400 to try to increase the shutter speed.

Your grasshopper shots are incredible, just amazing. I must practice, must practice....
Thanks Saly but thats one reason I didn't have enough depth of field on the Grasshopper shots as the Overcast Conditions would not allow me to push the f stop to f22 as it would have lowered shutter speed to slow for me to get a decent blur free shot...so it is something you have to play with and see how much you can live with...wished I had used f18 to f22 and tried it anyway, but I didn't...ISO 400 looks fine on your shots I wouldn't have even known it if you hadn't mentioned it...but that would probably be the max although i would try 800 and just compare the shots to see if it affected IQ that much...maybe it wouldn't?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 1:46 PM   #7

Very nice
flaxseedoil1000 is offline   Reply With Quote