Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:28 PM   #1

Default Two images from GF2 and EPL1

GF2 had a panny 14mm on it, EPL1 had a panny 14-42mm, more details in the EXIF. Both are direct jpeg OOC, GF2 had AWB adjusted to A2/M1, saturation+1, sharpness+1, contrast+1 and noise -1. EPL1 was set to P with iEnhance.

sdcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:45 PM   #2

Two more from GF2 with the same settings as above:

Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:02 PM   #3

Interesting... assuming you were standing in exactly the same location when you took the top two images - the EXIF data indicates both were shot at 14mm - it looks like the GF2 clips off the edges of the frame to compensate for distortion - at least when used with the Lumix 14mm/f2.5. Or am I wrong?

In fact, of those two, I like the top image the best. I have the 14mm/f2.5 but haven't worked with it very much yet. Also, the 14-42mm, which has been trashed at bit by some, doesn't look to be putting in too bad of a performance at all. Thanks for the postings.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:20 PM   #4

The 2nd one was taken many days ago when I still had the panny 14-42 lens; so it may not be at exactly the same position as the 1st one. BTW I never use tripod, always handheld.

I took these two today at exactly the same angle as I could, both with the panny 14mm lens. When I do pixel peeling, the one from Oly this time with the 14mm is significantly sharper than before with the 14-42mm, the one from GF2 is still sharper with lower noise and firmer colors.

Two more from GF2. When I was there, I was reading a digital photograph magazine. There is an article in this issue about "White Balance Bluce", the author shows how to make photos warmer by using cloudy WB preset. One of the samples provided by the author is radish on the shelf shot in a L.A. supermarket. So I went to the food department and took these shots, they look exactly the same like the ones in the magazine. Of course I did not use his/her method, I used mine as described above.

Last edited by sdcs; Apr 16, 2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 4:17 PM   #5

For those who are interested, here is the original full-size files for pixel peeling, very easy to see the differences:

http://www.2shared.com/file/ne5EjkfI/GF2vsEPL1.html

Note: be careful to find the right download link (usually at the bottom right side, quite hidden, after "Save file to your PC:"), don't be cheated to the garbage links.