Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:29 AM   #1

Default GF2 + 45-200mm in concert, too slow? No!

Enough boring camera testing, time to let it do some real work. Shot @ 781mm and 936 EFL, direct jpegs from camera, handheld as always, more details in EXIF.

sdcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:44 AM   #2

1080p video is even better, no hunting at all except few times that it cannot find anything to do contrast focusing at, unlike EPL1 that hunts by itself all the time even when camera never moved. For example, when it is pointed to the back of the conductor who's wearing in black, then the camera will hunt; once move the focus slightly higher to his/her back neck, hunting stops. This is the only case I noticed hunting during the entire concert.

Handheld above 800mm EFL causes motion-sick. These are captured from 400mm EFL 1080p.

Last edited by sdcs; Apr 22, 2011 at 1:49 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 8:08 AM   #3

Cool shots. Very good close ups. The one girl on the right Really looks uncomfortable.
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:43 PM   #4

"Close" ups? I was sitting in the last row and the theatre is not small! The girls could not see me and my camera, that's for sure.

Last edited by sdcs; Apr 22, 2011 at 4:36 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:34 PM   #5

More indoor performance shots, this time the lighting condition is even much worse as you can see in the first photo. See what kind of details and colors this "cheap" lens and the dpreview-bashed ETC mode can offer!

Again, direct JPEGs from the camera, no any post processing other than sizing down to 1024, handheld, 781mm EFL, auto P mode, more details in EXIF, as always.

Last edited by sdcs; Apr 23, 2011 at 3:39 PM.