Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:57 PM   #11

G3 manual 11 mb, 208 pages

https://rapidshare.com/files/3477574867/Panasonic_G3_User_Guide.pdf

Last edited by DonalDuc; Jun 18, 2011 at 7:01 PM.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:14 AM   #12

According to Amazon, my May 13th Amazon G3 with 14-42 lens that was estimated to be delivered between July 8-29th is now being delivered tomorrow.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:11 PM   #13

Drat! Still no word on delivery of my G3 from Panasonic Direct. I'd really like it in time for the July 4th holiday weekend.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2011, 3:41 AM   #14

Biro
When did you place the order? I was certainly surprised and lucky to have my May 13th preorder delivered yesterday.

I have been mainly a Canon p&s user for the past several years until purchasing a hardly used G2 kit with an Oly 17 & Panny 14-45, 45-200, Multiple filters, memory cards & cases two weeks ago from a local seller. I actually made that purchase for the lenses. So, I have hardly had time to really learn the G2 (which is going on Craigslist/EBay today), but know just enough to be reasonably comfortable with the various Panny settings. & I have an immediate cadre of lenses to get the best out of the micro 4/3 interchangeable lens system, out of the gate... & cheaply so.

Now, if only the crappy weather of this week will dissipate, so I can get outside to take some pics today, i will be then be able to offer up some more thoughts about my use of the new G3.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 8:59 AM   #15

Stan, I ordered my G3 about the same time as you... but the difference is I preordered through Panasonic. As a result, my price for body and 14-42 kit lens was $524. But the downside is Panasonic tends to make sure its retailers/dealers get supplied first, which means I may have to wait a bit longer.

The main reason I'm impatient is that I plan on giving my G1 to a niece when I see her at a family barbecue on July 2. She lives several states away and I usually only see her twice a year. If I don't get the G3 by then I can still give her the G1, but I would also have to give her my 14-45 zoom with it. I had planned to keep that and give her the 14-42.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote