Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old May 12, 2011, 10:40 PM   #1

Default Hoya 52mm close up add-on

The 45-200mm, with a minimum focusing distance of 1m, is not good for close up. I don't feel comfortable to spend $70 or more on a LC55 or 500D for a simple piece of glass. Found this Hoya for $23, used like new, on Amazon and they work very well on the 45-200mm. Auto focus works, minimum distance reduced to 30cm or so, depending on which one of the 3 lenses.

Before this Hoya, I tried a $10 Zeikos Wide Angle Lens. It is supposed to do both macro and wide angle, one stone, two birds. I do like to widen the 45mm end in addition to macro. Sounded too good to not try for $10 and reviews on Amazon are pretty good. Turned out cannot produce usable photos on neither. The macro lens is "O" shape; the Hoya are "^".

Last edited by sdcs; May 12, 2011 at 10:43 PM.
sdcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2011, 10:52 PM   #2

These are some quick shots, directly out of GF2's jpeg, auto focus, handheld. I believe Saly and LZT can do much better with this Hoya, as good as with their LC55.

Old May 13, 2011, 4:53 PM   #3

Few more shots with the +4. I learned that focus should be always at the the center, because edges and corners are not the strength of these lenses. Also better not to go over 150mm.

Last edited by sdcs; May 14, 2011 at 3:41 AM.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:08 PM   #4

scds - there are some really beautiful shots here. I really love the look of GH2, sharp but not harsh. Very nice job. The flower closeups are awesome!

Panasonic FZ150, FZ35 and GF1; Nikonos V when underwater

~~Art is in the eye of the camera holder~~
saly is offline   Reply With Quote