Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old May 25, 2012, 8:30 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBbuilder467 View Post
I think you did just fine, considering the 14mm is selling for @$270 new and @$200 used...
point of clarification: the 14mm f2.5 can be bought for $160 new on ebay, in non-retail packaging.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Made-Japan-B...ht_2834wt_1026

used value is obviously this or less especially since you got yours in a kit and therefore also don't have retail packaging for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
I think you did very good. I don't know how popular this equipment is where you live but you can probably make some good money on the 14mm and use it to buy the 45-200mm. I don't really see the point in keeping both the 14mm and the kit lens. As I mentioned before, I have the 14mm and hardly use it these days.
Maybe it's because I have the Olympus 14-42mm II lens to compare to but the 14mm for me is very useful for landscapes and provides better low light capability. Again I don't have the Panasonic 14-42mm to compare to but the sharpness is also better on the 14mm.

All I am saying is that it is worth keeping the 14mm... but again just my opinion based on resale value, sharpness and max aperture.
Old May 25, 2012, 9:56 AM   #52

You could use one of those screen protectors but it may affect the sensitivity of the touch. As for the camera as a whole, there are hundreds of bags out there to choose from. I have an old Kodak bag (don't know the model # and I don't believe they make them anymore), which is the perfect size. It allows me to carry my G3 with a lens mounted on it plus two other lenses one being the 45-200mm, which is not that small. Usually, video camera bags work well for m4/3 because this is a much more compact system than the DSLRs and as such it does not take that much room.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 11:24 AM   #53

on the bag side I really like my crumpler 4 million dollar home, I can carry the E-PL2 with the VF-2 on it, the 45-200mm mounted, the 14-42mm and 14mm lenses on one side, the other side has a Jupiter-8 with adapter on it and a Pixel wireless shutter release. In the zip pouch I have two extra batteries and a extra 16GB card. Finally in the front pouch I have a few filters. All in all it fits every thing I need and is small and really not too ugly as far as camera bags go.

If you like the retro look shop around and you should be able to find something used. I recently sold an exakta bag that I got with a konica camera I bought for the lenses it came with. It was really nice and well built and fit perfectly a mirror-less camera plus a few lenses. Sold it for $52 although I felt it was worth more...

Old May 25, 2012, 10:11 PM   #54

Well I just opened the camera and try a few shot s but is already too late to use the help of the sun. The camera is very small, as small as my P&S Lumix TZ5 but the grip is not as comfortable. I'm scare that it could fall out of my hands with the bigger 14-42mm that I ordered. One thing that I don't like for sure is the neck/shoulder band. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!
chiquito3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 10:15 PM   #55

ramcewan that bag is definitely RETRO and nice looking!
Old May 26, 2012, 7:48 PM   #56

I have to say that I do like what I have seen with this lens. This is my first interchangeable lens camera so I need to practice a lot. Can you guys give a few suggestions for setting the camera?
Old May 27, 2012, 12:20 AM   #57

What is it you would like to change?

Initially, all I would do is adjust the Exposure Compensation up or down a little to suit the situation or your taste. You'd do that on a shot by shot or situation by situation basis using the Auto or Scene modes.

I'd wait until you are more familiar with the camera and have the 14-42 to compare to before making some of the more advanced adjustments like I was suggesting earlier. That could get you somewhat confused.

Actually, essentially the same features are in the TZ5. What works in one should work in the other.

Unless you are having a problem, just test the Scene modes and get familiar with the Quick Menu items like the aspect ratios. When you start adjusting white balance and ISO settings, that's "photography", not just the camera and that means PASM.

Just get comfortable with the camera and wait until you have a little time on both the 25 and the 14-42. You're not gonna' do in 100 shots, what I do after 100,000. Take it slow.
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 9:06 AM   #58

What I'm looking for is for good indoor/low light shots for grout op 2 to 10 persons at a time.
Old May 27, 2012, 9:12 AM   #59

How well does the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm F1.8 will perform on the GF-3 and how good is it for my purpose.
Old May 27, 2012, 11:24 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquito3 View Post
... One thing that I don't like for sure is the neck/shoulder band. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE!
The reason is because Panasonic is reducing the width of the strap to save some $$$ and the thinner it is, the more uncomfortable. I suggest you look for a wider neck strap.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote