Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1

Default Panasonic G5 in the front yard

I decided on a G5 when the prices became very attractive last week, just $498 for the 2-lens kit (I know others got even better deals, so I'm glad for them.) Here are a couple shots that I took yesterday.

Today, I am going to a school musical and will try out the camera. I think the Olympus 45/1.8 might be wbest, as I don't have any fast zoom lenses. The Panasonic 45/150 and 18/55 will come along, in case my location is not optimal for the Olympus, or if the lighting allows slower zooms.

MacBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2013, 4:02 PM   #2

Where did you get a G5 camera kit for $498??? The lowest I can find is $599 + tax at Costco - still a good deal, but I can always use $100 towards lenses...
cobb_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 6:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobb_cruiser View Post
Where did you get a G5 camera kit for $498??? The lowest I can find is $599 + tax at Costco - still a good deal, but I can always use $100 towards lenses...

That's what they sold for @ a month ago at Amazon and I think the body with 14-42 was a whole lot less. Like $350 ? I almost bought one just because of the price.

Panasonic prices go high/low all the time during the cycle. If you like Panasonic, just watch the prices. The 45-200 lenses were going for @$99.
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:06 AM   #4

ok, thanks for the response. I looked again and can't find them at that price - guess I just missed the special. Maybe I'll just wait for the G6.
cobb_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote