Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Panasonic Micro Four Thirds

Old May 2, 2014, 12:54 PM   #1

Default GX7 (body only) price increase

I have placed a GX7 body in my Amazon cart for a few months now. The price was $749. Then all of a sudden (yesterday) it shoot up to $997.99. All other sellers have it listed around this price ($998) as well. I don't think I've ever seen such a huge price increase overnight. What's up with that? I have a hard time believing it's due to a sudden increase in demand. Has Panasonic raised their prices and updated their MSRP? Just wondering.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2014, 1:16 PM   #2

When I bought my GX7 body only from Amazon April 14, the price was $997 with a discount applied at checkout that dropped the price to $797. Sounds like the discount period ended. I coupled the discount with some credit card bonus points and wound up paying just over $600. It would have been even better if Amazon were not collecting sales tax from Texas residents now

Last edited by Greg Chappell; May 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM.
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2014, 2:08 PM   #3

If I knew the original price was close to $1K, I'd have bought it for $750

Tullio
Old May 2, 2014, 3:18 PM   #4

It's a great little camera. Ticks all the boxes I liked about the Pen E-P3, but with a built-in finder and it's loaded with virtually anything else you could ask for, but I probably would have still been on the sidelines too at $1,000, especially since it's not the only Micro Four-Thirds camera I'm using. Without all the other "stuff", I could easily see paying full price for it.

It's good enough I've decided to carry two cameras on my next trip. The E-M1 to use the 12-40 M. Zuiko and the GX7 to use the 7-14mm f4 and 35-100mm f2.8
Old May 4, 2014, 1:23 PM   #5

I have a GX7 and, frankly, I don't use it enough. That has to change. But I was lucky. Just after Christmas, Samy's offered the silver and black body-only for $728 and I jumped on that. Remember, Tullio: Whatever goes up can (and likely will) come down again. There'll be other sales. And it strikes me that you're not in a real hurry to buy the GX7 as you had it in your cart for literally months. No worries.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2014, 5:29 PM   #6

You are right, Biro, I am not in any hurry. I currently have the EPL5 and I'm OK with it. Eventually I will make a move and get the GX7. It has some real neat features.

Tullio
Old May 7, 2014, 11:33 AM   #7

saw it today for $ 654, have a look:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Panasoni...4710dc3&_uhb=1

Succes, Jan
j.pinxter@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2014, 3:16 PM   #8

That's one heck of a low price. It's tempting for sure. I contacted the seller...how can they sell it for $654 when all other retailers are asking $998? Besides, I never saw the price get down to $700, never mind $654. Something doesn't compute. Depending on the seller's response, I'll buy me one.

Tullio
Old May 7, 2014, 4:28 PM   #9

Could be a grey market, no USA warranty body. Depending on the brand and product, USA vs. non-USA products can be not much different price-wise or alot.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:46 PM   #10

That's exactly what it is. The seller gave me a reason for the low price but would not disclaim where he gets the camera from. I got to a point where I only go to eBay for hard-to-find vintage items.

Tullio