Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 1, 2007, 11:00 PM   #11

PTB,

They all look REALLY GOOD to my eyes. Thanks for sharing.
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 1:39 AM   #12

Catbells,

I really couldn't wait until tomorrow to fire off a few shots, so I took my camera with me when I went to pick my daughters up, tonight. I only shot a couple, and this one (using program mode) was the best. I will still grab some other shots, in the light of day, to post here.

Reso: 2275 x 2384
Flash: not used
Focal length: 48.0mm
Exposure time: 0.125
Aperture: F/4.5
ISO: 1600
Metering: matrix
Exposure: program

.................................................. .................................................. .....................................
Blessings,

Nathan
Attached Images

Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:30 AM   #13

Hi Nathan,

$1500.00 is a big amount for a person who shops like I do. Ask Roy, I will find whatever at my price no matter how long it takes...:GI got some of my lenses from KEH. My Pentax 28-70mm f4 was $70.00, My Sigma 70-300mm APO was $72.00, My Sigma 28-200mm was $72.00 and the most expensive one was my Pentax 18-55mm $80.00. The lens that I really wanted instead of the 18-55 was the kit lens that came with the istD. Now I am watchingfor a Grip for my istD (BG-1). I have lost two of them by one dollar on eBay. but I will get one at my price.... :G

So you see it does not take a whole bunch of money to get what lens or other equipment you want to get. It just takes a lot of looking.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:49 AM   #14

And some patience... sooner or later it will be there, just for you.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 12:59 PM   #15

That certainly looks good to me onthe lousy monitor at work (it was great to have the week off, but now it's back to the old grind). If you are happy with the lens andit takes pictures that are acceptable to you, who cares what others think about it? You could have a lens that is the best in the world, but if you can't get along with it, it won't be worth 2 cents. From what you posted, you'll enjoy this one for quite a while.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 3:52 PM   #16

Mtngal,

I guess that this lens preference matter could be likened to the same music being listened to by various listener's ears. Some will like, some won't. It's a very subjective thing. The bottom line is that I am finding a great deal of favor in this 18-200mm lens. And, like you said: if it works for me - then let that be it. I will take my time, and look around, but I know that I will want to get a much longer zoom lens, as well as the fastest lens I can get (within my financial range) for low-light photography. With those two additional lens I should be pretty well set up for a mighty long time.

Thanks ~ and Blessings,

Nathan

Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:02 PM   #17

You might want to look for a prime for your long tele - all of the Pentax 300mm f4/f4.5lenses have good reputations. While the K version isn't green star rated, all of the other ones are (the lenses with a * in their name are top of the line lenses). The quality of my A*300 (manual focus, auto exposure) is fabulous, I'm SO glad I took the time and effort to get one, rather than settle for a less expensive zoom lens. That type of combination (I have the DA 50-200 and the 300 prime) works well for me - I don't feel any need for a lens between 200 and 300.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:23 PM   #18

I second mtngal's suggestion, I have an FA 100-300mm lens that rarely is used at anything but 300mm. At that focal length it is an f5.8 lens, a good f4 or f4.5 300mm prime would suit me just as well and give me more quality and a faster aperture.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote