Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 2, 2007, 2:23 PM   #11

Great shots Royce, nr9 the seagull landing is just incredible, i still have a l_o_n_g way to go, Ronny
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 6:06 PM   #12

Amazing shots!

I love the first seagull picture, maybe I'm just crazy, but it looks like it's trying some crazy kungfu stance with the wing raised and standing on one leg:blah:

All around stunning pictures, what camera and lens were you using?
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 8:59 PM   #13

Thanks. I use the Pentax K100d with a sigma 70-300 apo dg macro lens. Check out the Exif data of each pic for more details.

Morag2 wrote:
Quote:
Amazing shots!

I love the first seagull picture, maybe I'm just crazy, but it looks like it's trying some crazy kungfu stance with the wing raised and standing on one leg:blah:

All around stunning pictures, what camera and lens were you using?
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 9:55 PM   #14

Royce,

All are great pict but the 2nd last seagull one tops it all with its pose. Amazing shot for a very common bird which makes it very uncommon indeed

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:57 PM   #15

Royce,

I'm am Sooooooo impressed with each and every shot. Beautiful, absolutely Beautiful.
Jay D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 12:14 AM   #16

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. I use the Pentax K100d with a sigma 70-300 apo dg macro lens. Check out the Exif data of each pic for more details.
That is the answer I was looking for! I am seriously considering the K100D, and those results speak for themselves. I don't have your skill of course, but the image quality will suit me just fine. Now I have to look into that lens, because I plan on getting into more bird photography myself.

Edit: Could you tell me if this is the lens? (I'm still a bit bad at finding this stuff).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com:80/bnh/c...ughType=search

If so, you may have just helped me decide on my first DSLR, and at that price, my first lens too!:G
Old Jan 3, 2007, 12:40 AM   #17

Yup that's the exact lens I have. The APO DG Macro is the most up to date version of this lens. I find it very versatile for outdoor photography in general. Makes a great combo with the k100d's shake reduction feature. You might search on ebay. They come up every once in awhile. I bought mine off ebay for $145. I think Sigma4less.com sells them new for $199.95.

http://www.sigma4less.com/sess/utn;j...mp;Submit.y=11

However I've heard that sigma4less sells grey market lens that were produced for non USA markets. That means sigma will not honor any warranty on those lenses supposedly. My only complaint with this lens, is that it's lens motor is a bit noisy. It will also hunt when trying to focus on a moving object. But for the price, it's definitely a great deal. Good luck with your upcoming purchases and hope to see some of your pics soon.

Morag2 wrote:
Quote:
royce10 wrote:
Quote:
That is the answer I was looking for! I am seriously considering the K100D, and those results speak for themselves. I don't have your skill of course, but the image quality will suit me just fine. Now I have to look into that lens, because I plan on getting into more bird photography myself.

Edit: Could you tell me if this is the lens? (I'm still a bit bad at finding this stuff).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com:80/bnh/c...ughType=search

If so, you may have just helped me decide on my first DSLR, and at that price, my first lens too!:G
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:37 AM   #18

Thank you very much! Now I just need to put in some extra hours at work, and talk my dad into being okay with me making such a huge purchase.:blah:
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:30 PM   #19

Hi Royce,

First I'd like to say, relatively speaking, you're right in my backyard! I live in Wrightwood and work at Boeing in Huntington Beach.

I'm new on the forum; just got my K10D a few weeks ago. I'm truly amazed by that Sigma APO 70-300 lens. Your shots and inneyeseakay's shot's are the clearest I've seen. What a difference a lens makes. I'm considering getting one. I've got the Pentax FA-J 75-300, and the clarity just doesn't seem to be there. Anyone have any opinions regarding the differences between these 2 lenses?

BTW, I really liked the second shot with sun glistening (it looks like) translucently through that fish! Superb shot.
PinonMesaJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2007, 3:52 PM   #20

don't listen to anything royce10 says.:lol:
he went over to the dark side many moons ago.
nice to see you Huan

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote