Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 11, 2007, 6:41 PM   #11

How much is the Sigma 18-125mm in Melbourne?

You should also consider the Samsung Schneider Xenon 50-200mm which can be had for just au$200
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:48 AM   #12

Do search on flickr.com for Sigma 18-125mm. I saw some interesting shots.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Sigm...=all&s=int

I missed that you guys are from Australia were you could probably get it as a kit (?!).

I for one did not get a chance to use it much yet (crappy weather here in the northern hemisphere - even the polar bears are pissed).

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 5:05 PM   #13

nadnerb wrote:
Quote:
How much is the Sigma 18-125mm in Melbourne?

You should also consider the Samsung Schneider Xenon 50-200mm which can be had for just au$200
WOW! after looking again the 18-125 is $470 (well from digitalcamerawarehouse website) so the 17-70 is cheaper. I must of misread the price as 370. So looks like ill be gettting the 18-55mm and the 50-200. Is the $200 schneider version from teds? thats the only place ive seen it but i havent asked the price.
thanks for the help!
hoodsa
hoodsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 8:33 PM   #14

You can buy my 18-125mm for $370 if you want! lol

Yep, it's $200 at Ted's. Check out Dpreview as heaps of people talk about this deal over there, as well as cofirm its just a rebadged Pentax.
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 8:41 PM   #15

haha thanks for the offer but i think ill go with the two lens pentax kit. Seems like great value. Thanks again for everyones help!
hoodsa
Old Jan 26, 2007, 4:05 PM   #16

Matter of fact, I purchased some Fruit of the Loom from Walmart that I don't particularly care for. The waist band is narrower and thinner than most. The material feels thin - not as full and soft as slightly more costly brands, or even the same brand purchased from other retailers like Sears or Target. I wonder if Walmart gets a cheaper version. But I did have to buy it first to learn this because I wasn't able to get anyone's opinion first. The product wasn't bad enough (or expensive enough) toreturn it.

This is all to say that opinions about personal preference DO matter and can be valuable and objective, even more so for lenses than for underwear. It is more of a pain to return a camera lens than it is to return underwear. So opinion is even more important for lenses. I hope it continues -I seek and welcome such opinion.:-)
gfmucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 3:19 AM   #17

hahaha great post!!! thanks for taking time and writing that
hoodsa