Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:00 AM   #1

I just purchased a K10D with the 18-55mm kit lens. I have been researching additional lenses. One of the lenses that looks interesting is the Sigma 28-105mm F2.8-4. Does anyone have experience with this lens? I believe there may be 2 versions; an early ASP version and a later DG version.

LO Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:48 PM   #2

i picked this lens up a few weeks back for $80 at a local shop. Its pretty bright, but I haven't had the time to use it much (as I'd been waiting for my K10D to come to replace my DL, and now the daily highs here are below 0 degrees F!). from what I've seen indoors, it seems like a nice lens, maybe some others have more experience with it that could add some input.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 1:56 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply.
You did not mention which version of the lens you have or whether it was new or used. The price sure seemed reasonable. I would appreciate an update when you have had a chance to take some photos and evaluate how sharp it is.
I purchased the following lenses new from a local camera store here last week:
FA 35mm F2.0 and DA 50-200mm F4.0-5.6
I have not taken very many photos with them yet either. Will post some information when I have some data.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:27 PM   #4

It was used, and not the current DI version- it doesn't seem too old though; has a 72mm filter ring, i dunno if they ever made it smaller (like the 28-200mm lenses by sigma and tamron both used to be 72mm but went to 62mm when they started making them aspherical). my 28-105 is an aspherical version, so it can't be too old, but it does have alittle lens creep. I still haven't uploaded any photos (and would've responded sooner to your reply) but I'm kinda waiting until i get my new mp3 player - i have a delkin USB bridge so the player is going to double as extra storage, and i'm leaving the photos on the camera until i get it...hopefully tomorrow, i know, thats a dumb reason to wait! if i remember, i promise i'll try and get back to you though!

a 35mm f2 sounds like a nice lens. my 50mm f1.7 smc-a is one of my favorites, probably on my camera 40-50% of the time. i also really like my 70-210mm smc-a f4 constant, its a really sharp older lens as well.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:40 PM   #5

bob,
i just picked up a vivitar series1 28-105 f2.8-3.8. i'll let it go for a good price if you are interested. i have not tested it yet so this post may be moot. if it's as sharp it most series1 lenses are i'd probaly want 35usd. shipped for it.PM me if you are interested. i'll probably post some pix with it this weekend.. if they are cra* i'll let you know..

roy
Old Feb 10, 2007, 2:04 AM   #6

robar,
I think I have used up my lens budget for the time being with the purchase of the 35 mm f2.0 and the DA 50-200. After I see what I can do with the 3 lenses I now have I may consider the 28-105 as a walkaround lens.
LO Bob