Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Jan 31, 2007, 8:08 PM   #1

Hey guys!

I'm really excited about two lenses I bought.

A Takumar 50mm f/1.4 for only 65 bucks
and
Industar 50/3.5

So I need two m42 adapters.

All I want is :
-metal
-allow proper focusing
-cheap!

Does anyone have any sources for these babies?
mongrelchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:23 AM   #2

Yep. Go on Ebay and search for the Roxsen adapter. They typically start at $8 plus $8 shipping. They put them up regularly so unless you're in a hurry, don't try to get in a bidding war with someone as you can get it at that price with patience.

I put a post up not too long ago about these in this forum. They are all metal and will allow focusing to infinity. It comes in a pouch with a tool to help attach and detach from the camera body. I use it with my 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar.

You'll only need one adapter though. They attach to the body, not the lens. This is beneficial if you use a bunch of screw mount lenses, but a bit of a pain if you want to mix and match.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:58 AM   #3
TDN

Yep, got it too, works like a charm
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:11 AM   #4

Ok, I bid on one.

So i hook up the adapter to the camera and then just pretend it's an m42 camera to begin with?

Does Roxsen have combined shipping?

If I'm buying one, may as well get an M42--> Minolta MD mount adapter so I can use the lenses on my old SRT-200
mongrelchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2007, 4:58 PM   #5

Right about using the camera as an M42 mount.

About combined shipping, better check the auction info or ask the seller. I never hesitate to send questions to sellers, even if I'm only marginally interested. I nearly always get a quick response.

Make sure you check to see if their other adapter would also allow infinity focus. There are some lens types that paired with certain mounts are not possible to achieve infinity focus.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:36 AM   #6
TDN

mongrelchild wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I bid on one.

So i hook up the adapter to the camera and then just pretend it's an m42 camera to begin with?

Does Roxsen have combined shipping?

If I'm buying one, may as well get an M42--> Minolta MD mount adapter so I can use the lenses on my old SRT-200
Do know you'll probably lose infinity focus on that minolta adapter. I asked about the Nikon one and got the answer "nom it doenst support infinity focus"

The M42 -> Pentax K adapter does...

btw only bid on one auction. Even if you lose it, you get a 2nd chance offer to buy it at the price the winner got it.
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote