Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:06 AM   #1

While searching for Lens and Teleconverter information, I found this and thought I'd pass it on. Check this site out. http://www.tamron.com/lenses/tele-guide.asp

Jay D
Jay D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:54 PM   #2

More just an electronic version of the user manual....

But the Tamron 1.4 TC is one of the best low cost and low image/exposure impact TC's out there.

Unless you REALLY need 2x and want to pay big $$$ for it (lots of crappy ones out there) the Tamron 1.4x is a GREAT deal in both cost and quality.

Like $60 shipped from B&H.... vs worthwhile 2x's being near $200. (and more problematic on long lenses especially without IS in less than bright daylight.)
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 1:44 PM   #3

I have to admit, the Tamron 70-300 and the 1.4x teleconverter make a great combination!
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:22 PM   #4

And it does very well with the SIGMA 70-300mm as well.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:09 PM   #5

Re Sigma and Tamron teleconverter..... THAT's why I adore this forum! Scroll down just a bit more, and the answer you seek is front & center. Thanks y'all!!
TreoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:26 PM   #6

i've got a tamron mc4 2x A AF model. bought it off ebay for 10usd deliverd. out of all the 2Xs i've used it's the best. i still don't like them on zooms, too much glass in the light path.

roy
Old Feb 27, 2007, 1:32 AM   #7

Today I took my 10K with Tamron 70 X 300 and traveled to a Vanbar photoshop here in Melbourne. I wanted to see how teleconvertor 1.4 works together with this lens.

But all salespeople were deeply surprised with my idea. They all said that this teleconvertor worked very badly with such a cheap lens and I should forget about my plans. Instead of that they advised me to buy something 80X400 or 50X500. I left the shop with my tail between the legs.

Does anyone her have any picture (s) with this combination ?

Thanks !

Anatoli
Anatoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 3:49 AM   #8

Well this is clearly a shop with out a single CLUE except maybe where there biggest commision is...... unless you want to spend BIG $$$$ for a slr lens forget anything over 5x (Like $1K US min if you want to get into fast/fixed F)

Many great med speed lenses out there though if you can tolerate that.

Yet for very little money either the Sigma or Tamron 70-300mm lens are astounding....

as is the very inexpensive Tamron 1.4x Teleconverter. (and I could list many others)

See
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=94

Even at 1/45 sec at 630mm with the help of the K10D IS.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 3:56 AM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
i've got a tamron mc4 2x A AF model. bought it off ebay for 10usd deliverd. out of all the 2Xs i've used it's the best. i still don't like them on zooms, too much glass in the light path.

roy
Now why wouldn't that surprise me given the 1.4x Tameron is the best out there almost beyond bang for the buck consideration even.

Find a good deal on it I might have to check the 2X Tam out..... but there is plethora af really crappy 2 and 3x out there.

But the Tam 1.4x especially for the price just blows my (and most everyone elses) sox off. :-) for BOTH doing what it does and being darn near functionally transparent.... especially with the P Digital K's IS.