Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:26 PM   #21

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
As long as you take photos of non-moving objects, you can use whatever aperture you feel comfortable and what gives you best DOF, sharpness and so on.

My problem are the fast moving objects - SR doesn't help here.
Well even a fast lens likely won't help terribly their either, unless under very bright light or like ISO 1600

It will gain you a stop of two (depending on f/) and might get you up to 1/15th sec possibly a 30th... but still rather motion blur/shutter jab prone.
I bought the lens specificly for shooting action pics in low light. My wife starting her warmblood baby over fences.

This pic was shot in a covered riding arena on a rainy morning in the Pacific North Wet with no other lighting. 1/750" f/1.7iso400

Free Image Hosting
r_miklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 1:09 PM   #22

Bel Air has the FA 50mm 1.4? I do NOT need to visit Bel Air at lunch. I do NOT need the FA version of this lens, I have the M 1.7 which is very nice, thank you very much.

But I wonder what else Bel Air might have in stock. If anyone is interested, they are a real honest-to-goodness locally/family owned photography store (and they've received plenty of my money in the past year while I've tried to lower their inventory levels on a couple of items).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 2:20 PM   #23

Jay D wrote:
Quote:
I just purchased a brand new Pentax SMC F50mm F1.7 AF for $125.00 at a local camera shop here in Florida. If you're interested, I can check to see if he has any more in stock at that price. I thought the price was decent so I grabbed it, especially with everyone buying up these Pentax lenses these days. I'm using it on my Pentax K10D.
wow! $125 is nice - even with shipping costs that is less than I would have to pay new in Germany - yes: please check!

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 2:56 PM   #24

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
This is my advice based on my own experience:

1. Cry
2. Order a new FA 1.4
3. Pay and cry again, there is pain involved.
4. Forget what you paid (quickly done) and enjoy one of the best lenses you will ever own. The money would have been spent anyway, but now you have the lens.

Kjell
Hm. At the moment I am at step 1. Will stay there until I hear from Jay and maybe proceed to step 2

P.S. I tend to give such "hard" advises by myself - almost forgot what if feels like to be on the receiving end. :shock:
Old Mar 16, 2007, 2:52 AM   #25

@Jay D
Any information on availabilty yet at your local store?

@r_miklos, @mntgal
Contacted Bel Air via e-mail - no answer yet
Old Mar 16, 2007, 8:19 PM   #26

VHDEL wrote:
Quote:
Tim

When did you actually see this lens in stock?
The reason I ask is I have pre purchased this lens along with the AF 540FGZ back on 02/17/2007.
I have not received any confirmation from Adorama & the order is still pending.

Regards

Del
Hi Del,
On the day I posted Adorama was showing it in stock. I am not in the market for one myself (I have both an A and F 50mm 1.7). If they did not ship your back ordered one, though, I would certainly be complaining!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote