Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:51 AM   #1

Anybody out there using this lens? What are you likes and dislikes with it? How fast is the focus on it? Also image qaulity? I'd like to get the 28-70mm f/2.8, but don't really want to pay that price at the momen. Might just hold off and be patient and wait for the f/2.8.

Correction, I think it's the f/2.8-4.0. I can't get on sigma4less.com to find out. Here it is on pbase.com Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8-4 DG HSM Lens Sample Photos and Specifications
Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:46 PM   #2

Hi,

I had a Sigma 28-70mm 2.8-4. It was a pretty good lens. I had one for my Cannon. But since I switched to pentax I got a 28-70 f4 Pentax lens. I like this one a lot better.

The Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 is a great lens, but they want too much for me to spend at this time.

I will wait and find one at my price.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:51 PM   #3

That's exactly how I feel. I'd love to have either sigma 28-70 2.8 or Tamron 28-75 2.8, But 350-400 bucks is just to much for me to swing right now. Plus my lady would flip her wig if I got one of those.

So now I'm trying to find another route to go. What is it about the pentax that you like better? How is that lens for night photos and low light compared to the old sigma you had? And why did u get rid of the sigma?
Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:36 PM   #4

Hi,

I got rid of the Sigma with my Canon DSLR...:GThe Pentax so far is great in low light. I have not used it indoors, YET. But outside it is one heck of a lens.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:17 PM   #5

bluwing wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I had a Sigma 28-70mm 2.8-4. It was a pretty good lens. I had one for my Cannon. But since I switched to pentax I got a 28-70 f4 Pentax lens. I like this one a lot better.
Had that one for my Canon Rebel 300D as well, but since have sold it.

Just got a used one for my Pentax K10D.... itseems to be an older version, not made any more. It is 3.5 instead of 2.8 but still a max of f/4.

A nice plus though is that it is 52mm rather than 58mm the current ones are, and I have a bunch of 52mm filters and stuff I can now use again.... as well as a 52mm .5x converter that is decent and brings it down to 14mm when necessay.

Oddly enough the used Pentax version (from B&H) was exacty the same price as I had recently sold the Canon one for incld shipping.... actually came out 10 cents ahead.

Having the extra stop over the kit or my my Sigma 18-50 (both 5.6 zoomed) is nice.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote