Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:29 PM   #1

Just ordered locally and can't wait to play with this little one. Need a walk around lens to travel to France & Israel in mid May - poor excuse to my Commander in Chief. My current walk around is F50mm or FA28mm . A lot of forum members said 40mm is a better all rounder. Let's see. The lens is apparently in great demand and nothing is available in the U S. Somehow I got that around the same price as B&H. So I went ahead

Daniel, Toronto

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:41 AM   #2

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Somehow I got that around the same price as B&H. So I went ahead
Daniel,

While shopping I have noticed that Pentax Canada prices its lenses very close to Pentax US. Since they are in Canadian dollars, they are often cheaper locally. Of course, we don't get the rebates here :sad:.

Chris

silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:50 AM   #3

silverstone wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Somehow I got that around the same price as B&H. So I went ahead
Daniel,

While shopping I have noticed that Pentax Canada prices its lenses very close to Pentax US.* Since they are in Canadian dollars, they are often cheaper locally.* Of course, we don't get the rebates here :sad:.

Chris

Henry has another 10% off regular until this month's end. Not much of a great deal. But for sought after lens and free shipping, it is.
Also I have half and half success rate of claiming U S rebate . All you need is a U S address. Officially it is a 'no' though. A lot of rebate centre think ON is a U S state.:-):-):-):

Daniel, Toronto

Edited later: got email from Henry Mar 23 that its delivery takes 6-8 weeks. Likely all exisiting stock are gone. Just have to hold on. Hope it comes in before I head out for the trip May 10
Old Mar 23, 2007, 8:09 AM   #4

The DA40 sounds like a neat lens - I've discovered using the kit lens recently that something between 35 and 45 (around 40-45 mostly) would give me what I remember getting with film and 50mm - what I used to use almost all the time. Post pictures when you get them!

By the way, the ones who think ON is a state just don't understand that that the US is really a province of Canada:-) . And with that I'll shut up...

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:39 PM   #5

Lucky you. I been waiting for this lens for about 3 months now for the two big online shop to get it in stock. I don't think I will be getting this lens unless if they extand the rebate again.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 12:54 PM   #6

superakuma wrote:
Quote:
Lucky you.
Geez. Likely I got bumped. When I ordered it was in stock I am sure. Looks like somebody got the last one and Henry has to make sp order . Hope it is still a go. But it takes time

Daniel, Toronto
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:35 PM   #7

Bought the 40 2.8 about 6 months ago-what a great lens-really great quality and the pancake size is terrific. At that time it was abut $75.00 more than the 50mm 1.4-glad Ichose the 40mm. Attached shot with DS-hand held leaning against a tree with a ND 4 filter.
Attached Images

DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2007, 8:14 AM   #8

The 40mm Limited is what I classify as the "Brutally" sharp category. It is one of sharpest lenses I have ever used. In fact I used it exclusively for my last fashion shoot called "Diva". Here is a sample.

Ben
http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.as...&owner_id=5144
Attached Images

benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote