Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 29, 2007, 8:20 PM   #1

I have a K100D with the 18-55mm kit lens. I understand some of the limitations of the kit lens, but for now it works. I was wondering if anyone has taken two shots of the same subject, only one with a not-so-sharp lens and the other shot with a sharp lens. I'm curiously to see the differencewhen both images areviewed"side by side".
Contriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:55 PM   #2

This site has a comparison of a Tamron 18-200mm vs Sigma 18-200mm lens. It compares the lenses in Canon mount, but I'm linking it so you can see the difference between a sharp lens (Sigma) compared to an unsharp lens (Tamron).

http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/b....html&lp=ja_en
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2007, 7:25 AM   #3

Thanks Illuminati! Does anyone else have examples as well?
Old Mar 31, 2007, 9:45 AM   #4

Contriver wrote:
Quote:
I have a K100D with the 18-55mm kit lens. I understand some of the limitations of the kit lens, but for now it works. I was wondering if anyone has taken two shots of the same subject, only one with a not-so-sharp lens and the other shot with a sharp lens. I'm curiously to see the differencewhen both images areviewed"side by side".
Look at a number of these vs the many Sigma (or Tam) 70-300mm shots here.... big difference.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

S 28-300mm is a convenient one lens and camera solution... but has its failings if not bright daylight (small f/) when at long end. ( I had one before going 2 or 3 lens and Sig 70-300mm)
Tam has a 28-300mm too but have never even seen a sample from one of those.... likely suffers the same failings trying to be WA and Long all in one. (And low end Sig and Tam leses are very similar/near identical.. even in specs)
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:37 PM   #5

Do you think that this would be a noticable improvement (in sharpness) over the kit lens:

Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 EX

http://www.adorama.com/SG1850PXAF.html
Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:24 AM   #6

I would spend the extra $10 and get the "macro" version of that lens. The Macro version is the newier version that just came out and "I read" that it was better. But than again you are going from a 67mm front lens on the non macro to a 72mm on the macro = more $$ if you buy filter.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote