Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Mar 31, 2007, 1:10 PM   #1

Hi

I think this might be my first post ! Does any one have one of these , I just picked one up at a good price. Looks New with case Just came in and there was a matching 1.4x converter with it. This isthe second Gen of the BBar SP Lens . It is raining here so cant get out to shoot with it , maybe sunday. Cant wait !! I don't post, but I do read alot on this site. It has been a big Help.... I am using it with a DS and my new K10D.
ATCLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:30 PM   #2

welcome to the board.
i don't see much with that lens posted anywhere so i'm very curious. mainly what the IQ is wide open. if it's sharp and contrasty then you've got a winner. waiting on your images.

roy
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:41 PM   #3

I have this lens, it is built like a tank and weighs just as much. :-)I got some great shots at the beach using my monopod on my DL with this lens.

Unfortunately it is back in Australia in storage right now and I won't have access to it for a while. Mine is black, some are grey in colour.

I am very happy with the images it produces
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:41 PM   #4

sounds like a winner. it's definately got me interested. here's a review page. these folks don't screw around when it comes to evaluating a lens.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...=43&page=1

roy
Old Apr 1, 2007, 4:48 PM   #5

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
I have this lens, it is built like a tank and weighs just as much. :-)I got some great shots at the beach using my monopod on my DL with this lens.

Unfortunately it is back in Australia in storage right now and I won't have access to it for a while. Mine is black, some are grey in colour.

I am very happy with the images it produces
hey crash,
that's an awful moldy place - storage.
ship it over here and i guaranty it will have a nice dry place till you get back.

roy

Old Apr 3, 2007, 9:16 PM   #6

Hi

Thanks for reply's. This weekend I'm going shooting. I'll post some pics then

Here ia a link to exact lens I got . It looks brand New

http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/31A.html

Talk to you soon Len
ATCLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 3:37 PM   #7

Unfortunatly the new version of the Tamron 200-500 is not available in a Pentax mount. It looks like a decent lens ,lighter than comparable Sigmas and from what I have read sharper. With any luck at all Tamron will decide to put this one out in the Pentax mount soon. See" http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/200500mm.asp "for specs on the new version of this lens
Kenn
KennJ is offline   Reply With Quote