Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 7, 2007, 6:32 PM   #21

Here is what I've gotten for my K10D from Ebay so far.

Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 6:36 PM   #22

No. 2 The SM is for screw mount...the KM is for K mount. Total cost is less than $200.00 so far. Just got an auto takumar 28-80 for $2.95 and shipping. Total cost there was $8.95. It is in EX++ condition! Got the T-mount adapter from a dealer that said it was M42 - K mount. M42mounts are M42X1 and tmounts are M42X.75. So now I have to get another mount...So far this is the only bad experience I've had and I blame myself for not asking better questions more frequently!

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:44 PM   #23

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Here is what I've gotten for my K10D from Ebay so far.
:shock: I think someone has LBA worce than I do....I count 23 lenses, and see several with a near duplicate focal length range...

Paul
pbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:45 PM   #24

Wait a minute...WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!! Yes I have it.....I know I have it....I want to have it.....My wife is always on my back about it.....BUT I NEED MORE LENS!!!!!

Dawg
Attached Images

Old Apr 23, 2007, 6:43 PM   #25

Watch out for older Sigma lenses. The Pentax lens mount has the electrical contacts and mounting screws recessed in pockets that were not well finished on older (M series film)cameras. Those lenses had a soft brass pin whichcould getshaved down when passing over the edges of the recesses, until contact was lost. If the lens was removed when the aperture ring was still on automatic setting, the pin could lock, and, if not released, be sheared off. Pins on some other lenses (Pentax, Kiron, Tamron, Tokina) would retract when taken off automatic, so shouldalso betaken off"A" when being removed fromormounted on the camera, even if they have better pins. Never buy an older Pentax mount automatic lens without a return priviledge, inspect ing the pin under magnification for wear, and making sure it is retractible. This would not have been much of a problem for people who put a lens on and left it there, but for those with sevveral lenses whi9ch were changed frequently, it was. Ilong ago got rid of all my Sigma lenses, retaining only the other above mentioned brands. Ihaven't yet seen this problem with current Sigma lenses, which have better quality pins(I only have a couple) and the Pentax DSLRs, but their pins still do not retract (nor do Tamron or Pentax - in fact, some no longer even have aperture rings), so only time will tell.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 4:57 AM   #26

penolta wrote:
Quote:
- in fact, some no longer even have aperture rings), so only time will tell.
That would be the entire Pentax J series lenses, but only those.... makes them a bit cheaper to make and most have no real need for the ring anyways, unless thay want to use them on an old film body, or very special purposes on an KAF camera.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:46 PM   #27

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
penolta wrote:
Quote:
- in fact, some no longer even have aperture rings), so only time will tell.
That would be the entire Pentax J series lenses, but only those.... makes them a bit cheaper to make and most have no real need for the ring anyways, unless thay want to use them on an old film body, or very special purposes on an KAF camera.
Also the 16-45 and 18-55 DA kit lenses (not marked with J, as in FA J)
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2007, 10:22 PM   #28

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
And you sort of need to session dedicate yourself to M42, as swapping back and forth to K is not particularly quick and easy.
how many M42 lenses do you have hayward?? i'd like to see some images from them. i'm real curious about this question.
it's a quick change using a fingernail. takes about 5 seconds. even with the cam pointed down. guess if i was to dedicate a shoot to M42 then that's all i'd carry. naw, no way

roy
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 2:57 AM   #29

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Bought my K10D 2
Hey Darren, you got me excited there for a split second!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 12:39 PM   #30

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Bought my K10D 2
Hey Darren, you got me excited there for a split second!

Kjell
LOL

Surely it is not due out for at least a year (I hope)

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote