Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old May 5, 2007, 4:58 AM   #31

heey guys

i have a question.

I have a Pentax ME SUPER here at home, with all posible accesoires and a lot of lensen. now, the digital age has come, so i thought of buying a pentax K100 or K10D. but as spoken earlier on this forum, there are problems fitting old lensen on new camera's.
-what my conclusion was is that i have to buy a sort of body mount ring, but wichone?

these are my lenses a have at my home right now:

SMC PENTAX M MACRO 1:4 50MM
KIRON 25-70 MM F/4 MACRO 1:4 62(DIAMETER)
KIRON 80-200MM F/4.5 MACRO 1:4 55(DIAMETER)
and some tele converters and micro closup things and a lot of filters.

this mount ring i've also found : BODY MOUNT PK JAPAN
(also from way back time)

everything fit's on the pentax ME super and is from the 80's or earlier.

can some one tell me what i have to buy or do to fitt these lenses on a PENTAX K100 or K10D. i know about using the lenses on the new camera's (M, green button etc) and that there is a pin that you have to push for fitting these lenses.

thanxs

Bart Klaassen
The Netherlands

Ultimate Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 10:00 AM   #32

Your Pentax ME is a K mount camera. The K100 and K10 both still use the K-mount system. In the years in between there have been many extras added to the mount, electronic contacts, auto focus, etc but the basic mount is still the same and any Pentax K-mount lens will mount on the two cameras you are interested in.

I am not sure what the "mount ring" you describe is. I am guessing it might be an adaptor to use older screw mount lenses with K mount camera bodies.

I use several lenses of similar vintage with my K100. You have to use the camera in manual mode and must still manual focus these lenses but they work fine and can give great shots.

In short, your lenses should go on a K10 or K100 without buying any kind of mount. Good luck with your decision.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 11:32 AM   #33

thanxs, now I know for sure that i can buy a K100 and still use my older lenses.

about that mount ring i just described:
it is for M42 lenses to fit on K mount of my camera. so in that way i can use even older lenses
i've heart from the pentax technical staff that i can't use my old fliters/flashes. bacause there could be problems with timing when taking the picure and the flash, but i try to fix that myself.

thanxs

Bart

Old May 5, 2007, 1:33 PM   #34

Ultimate Bart wrote:
Quote:
thanxs, now I know for sure that i can buy a K100 and still use my older lenses.

about that mount ring i just described:
it is for M42 lenses to fit on K mount of my camera. so in that way i can use even older lenses
i've heart from the pentax technical staff that i can't use my old fliters/flashes. bacause there could be problems with timing when taking the picure and the flash, but i try to fix that myself.

thanxs

Bart

Yep, that M42 to K mount adaptor will allow you to use the screw mount lenses on either digital camera. You will not have the lever that holds the aperture blades open while you are focusing and then stops down when you release the shutter but the lenseswill still work on the new camera.

The flash will not work at all or only work in manual mode. I have read posts that some old flashes could harm a new digital SLR butI don't know the details on that. I don't know why your filters would not work. Most white balancing work is done in camera or in software afterwards so you may have filters that are no longer necessary but polarizing and neutral density filters are still useful and many people still mount UV filters to protect the front lens element.

Once you have your new camera we expect to see some shots posted here!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 1:48 PM   #35

"Ive heart from the pentax technical staff that i can't use my old fliters/flashes"

sorry, i typed it wrong. it's a bit confusing with Dutch en Englisch because you say "Flitsers" for Flashes in Dutch, and mayby "Flitsers" in English too, but above I type " Fliters", that must by Flitsers. there's nothing wrong with any filters or something, but thanxs for mention it.
for the Flashes, okey, the last thing i want is to break my new camera, so I'll will have to buy a new one.

When I have the new camera I sure will let you noticed about the pictures.

I have some pictures on the internet that i took with my "Konica Minolta Dimage Z10 wich has a build in 36-290mm 1:3.2:3.4 lens in it. pretty handy because you won't be worried about dust between your lens and camera body. But the most pictures that are nice are still on my pc, so i'll have to upload them first then things become interesting. i can mail you when they are online.

thanxs

Bart