Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax Lenses

Old Apr 2, 2007, 2:04 PM   #1

thinking i was bidding on a M200 i placed a bid on this lens and then realized it was a vivitar 200 f3.5. well $18 later i got the lens in M42 mount. ordered an adapter from B&H and got it today. went out for a few test shots to see what it would do. this lens is made by komine and i think i just might keep it. i'll have to see but it may be sharper than my M200 f4. did i just say that??? shot on the left is at f3.5, on the right is f8. sorry abot the blur on the f8 shot but i moved.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2007, 9:31 AM   #2

Sounds like a nice lens..I've had very good results with the old vivitars. Looks like the Gnome needs a beard wash! Any problems with the adapter?

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:01 AM   #3

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like a nice lens..I've had very good results with the old vivitars. Looks like the Gnome needs a beard wash! Any problems with the adapter?

Dawg
no problems. it's a kalt from B&H
about $18 shipped. it doubled the price of the lens but now if i want to i can try out some more of the old glass.

roy
roy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:52 AM   #4

I've been needing one and looking at the kalts at B&H. Probably get one this afternoon or tomorrow! Thanks for the reinforcment there! I needed the push. I've got several old and SWEET screwmount lenses.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:02 AM   #5

robar wrote:
Quote:
thinking i was bidding on a M200 i placed a bid on this lens and then realized it was a vivitar 200 f3.5. well $18 later i got the lens in M42 mount. ordered an adapter from B&H and got it today. went out for a few test shots to see what it would do. this lens is made by komine and i think i just might keep it. i'll have to see but it may be sharper than my M200 f4. did i just say that??? shot on the left is at f3.5, on the right is f8. sorry abot the blur on the f8 shot but i moved.
And since you unnecessarily seemed to see the need to say whatever.

Like anyone really needs to see an out of focus lawn gnome.

RE: your BS on http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=94

This sure made my day.... NOT

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote